• Show
Clear All

• Re: GTE valver fast road/track car project

I'm running the small aeromotive fpr works well

Comment

Originally posted by _SBD16v View Post
      I'm running the small aeromotive fpr works well
      Thanks Rob, I did look in to the Aeromotive FPR. They are a good bit of kit. I've sold on my SARD one I purchased as mine is fine now and making good pressure with no funny noises. I think it was me just jumping before investigating properly.

Comment

I’ve had a spare polished belt cover for ages now which had some inaccurate pulley holes cut into and so I thought I’d do something different. I marked it up how I wanted it cutting and gave it to a mate (thanks Keif) to cut properly.

This is how it was returned to me.

It was then wiped down and a couple of coats of primer added.

Before a few top coats the day after.

Once dried it was time to fix the 6mm perspex into position. It had the raised texture removed from the rear so it would sit flat.

Perspex in position.

Then using some white Silcoset it was bonded into position and left to dry. I did plan on using small rivets but it looks so much better without any fixing showing. Silcoset is good for up to 600oC so should be fine, I’ll just keep an eye on it.

Then it was fitted, much better I'll get an in-action shot later today, bit early to fire it up at 07:30 on a Sunday morning.

Comment

Nice ikle vid of the new window.

Click for video

Comment

A nice little easy mod which makes a massive difference. I think that looks really smart.

Comment

I love it but as I keep saying to everyone "it's not a show car". However it didn't stop me giving it a wash, polish and wax on Tuesday ready for Billing. I've even done a rather posh photographic full build album so pop over to the Vauxhall Drivers Club (www.VXdc.co.uk) stand and have a look.

Comment

Looks good Harvey

I've now got some enthusiasm to finish mine again now, trouble is i've sold most of the bits Thinking of keeping it NA this time (wanna sell that engine? lol)

How are getting on with the HiSpec brake kit though please mate. Stupidly i sold my Reylands, which tbh, i couldn't fault them, worked a treat.
                Just can't decide whether to get the another reyland kit, or give the 300 hispec kit a go??

Regards
                Anthony

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony View Post
                  How are getting on with the HiSpec brake kit. Just can't decide whether to get another reyland kit, or give the 300 hispec kit a go?
                  I can't fault them to be honest. I'm running Mintex M1144 and they work fine on the road but once warmed up on track they are awesome and just get better and better. Mick G is also running the HiSpec (don't know which pads) but with OE servo so you might want to ask his opinion as well.
                  Last edited by Harvey; 13-07-2010, 10:59 AM.

Comment

I had Mintex 1144 pads back in the day.

Obviously yours Harvey are a more improved design, but even back in the day they were superb and meant when I was racing my mates I could out brake them.

Deffo recommend Mintex 1144 pads.

Comment

It made it there and back to Billing which was a bonus. Checked it over when I got home and found I had a split inner CV boot. I’ve replaced two boots recently with stretch boots, installing them the proper way and not stretching them. Both have now gone faulty after minimal use and had small splits in them. Popped to my local Vauxhall stealers and they wanted £20 for an inner boot kit, how much! I'm not tight when it comes to spending on the GTE but £20 is just silly for a boot kit. My local Motor Factors have come up trumps and are getting me in a proper boot kit for £8.

Drive shaft removal

Sexy Quaife ATB shot

The offending boot

Also popped to my local Millers supplier and after a bit of bartering got a cracking deal on 4x 5ltr tubs of CFS 10w60. Worked out to £37.50 per 5ltr not bad to say Demon Tweeks is £64 + p&p and even Opie is £46 member price + p&p.

Last edited by Harvey; 21-07-2010, 08:10 AM.

Comment

My Brise starter motor has been playing up this year and a few times has required assistance with a tap on the solenoid to get it to turn over. I contacted Brise directly who have been superb and offer free technical assistance. After having a chat with one of the guys there a new solenoid was on route and it arrived the next day. It’s now fitted and I just need a dry evening to get it installed and tested.

The offending Brise starter.

Faulty solenoid.

Removed.

Bit dirty in there so I wiped it out.

Old on left new on right.

Some of the bits that the solenoid pushers to engage the starter.

New solenoid fitted.

Comment

Finally had 20 mins spare yesterday morning to get the starter fitted. Seems to be working fine now so time will tell if the new solenoid has fixed the problem.

Comment

Popped my Winter storage wheels on the GTE yesterday and as the weather was nice took it out for a spin as I’ve not driven it for about 6 weeks. It was nice to give it a blast as I forget just how nice it sounds and drives. Not had the time to book any track days as so much else going on so might do something November time.

Winter rims OZ magnesium in 15”x7” ET49 with Toyo T1-R 195/50-15.

Compomotive TH on the left and OZ on the right. A very similar wheel when compared side by side by the TH just have that classic look about them, however the OZ as a few kilo’s lighter due to being magnesium.

And fitted…mmm they look nice even if I do say so myself.

Comment

lookin good as always mate, wish i had some spare time for my car, at work atm, lol

Comment

I can report I no longer have the sticky starter motor issue which is a bonus. Popped out in the GTE on Sunday and it was a pleasure to drive it again as it had been a while. I forget just how quick the thing is!

I've purchased a little something from a member on another forum and I intend on fitting it next year to see what, if any, gains I might get. Will post pics later today...

Comment

Working...
                                X