Mightier White

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Mightier White

I have been meaning to do something about the bit of surface rust on the hinge posts and decided today was the day.

First jobs were door bumper and wing off

Washer bottle removed its all looking rather good

Really good here too prob best i have seen

Tiny little bit of surface rust around this weld but it cleaned up to nice metal

Any bits of surface rust cleaned up and treated, hinges seam sealed, hinge pillar painted and inner wing top painted

Underseal applied plus a few more coats of glacier white

Comment

Looks nice, top work

Chris

Comment

Cheers bud lots more to go but at least i have made a start would have had some better pics but let the missus take them! She did help quite a bit though especially when it came to removing the door and putting it back.

Comment

This it what I keep meaning to do is to remove the front wings and have a nosey just scared what I will find lol

Comment

still cant get over how big that headlight washer tank is

looking pretty good under there boss

Comment

Amazing considering most don't even work.

Comment

Looking good bud, are you doing all the floor ?
                Returned GTE to default settings : On axle stands

Comment

Originally posted by DarrenH View Post
                  still cant get over how big that headlight washer tank is

looking pretty good under there boss
                  Yea was nice to find the hinge post and the area behind the headlight washer tank all solid

Originally posted by Davey J View Post
                  Amazing considering most don't even work.
                  This one doesnt either its not going back on anyway as its a bit of a dirt trap = rust

Originally posted by BenH View Post
                  Looking good bud, are you doing all the floor ?
                  Going to do everything! As its a daily i will be doing evreything i can to weatherproof it. Not looking forward to doing the underneath of an astra for about the 4th time though

Comment

Yeah me neither, think I'm going to make one like this http://www.homemadetools.net/autobody-tilter

Should be cheap enough I think, almost worth dropping the engine out to make life easier.
                    Returned GTE to default settings : On axle stands

Comment

Originally posted by BenH View Post
                      Yeah me neither, think I'm going to make one like this http://www.homemadetools.net/autobody-tilter

Should be cheap enough I think, almost worth dropping the engine out to make life easier.
                      Yea was looking at that thats my sort of thing easy to make and prob be done for £30 or less. Its deffo worth you doing it as most of the car is stripped anyway.

Comment

Passed its mot yesterday with flying colours just one advisory for corrosion underneath ?? just think he was desperate to find something wrong with it never had an mot inspector check a car so well before ! It comes with an indecisive but heavy heart that i am selling the old girl I have been using it as a daily for the past year and i really need something more practical that burns the black stuff! What this does mean is the merit will get some attention! Sale is already agreed and it will be going up to lancashire in a few weeks where it will get such luxuries as a garage to sleep in and a skyline for company. I really will be gutted to see her go but as i still have a mk2 in my life that should soften the blow a bit. Oh and the hall sensor fault cleared yesterday too so the engine management light that has been burning bright for months has finally gone out!!! Its as if she is saying don't sell me i will behave !

Comment

yay! but also

still think by modern standards they are really good on fuel, matching or beating the real word figures of so called eco city cars round town, even diesels! mostly due to low kerb weight i guess. what we really need is a mk2 merit with 15TD engine or similar, best of both

Comment

Tbh when everything is working together properly i.e. sensors ecu etc etc i can squeeze 40mpg on a run at 50-60 mph. I really am not keen on selling but i couldn't afford it when i got it and although my financial situation has improved i still cant justify spending more money on her to get her to that near perfect standard that we all want. The need to "optimise" wont go away either and this is too near 100% original to mess with so the merit has won! I have more love for the merit which some people may find strange but it is just simpler and has more character for me.

Comment

If i had somewhere dry and rat free to keep her then i would just stick it away and buy a £300 quid clunker.

Comment

This is what it will be sleeping with
                                Click picture to make bigger
                                image.jpg

Comment

Working...
                                X