X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: White GTE restoration

Originally posted by easytrans View Post
    I've got parts ready to build the dual relay ready for mine

As for the Diaphragm its actually a "damper" that regulates the flow (or should I say smooths the flow) if I'm not mistaken.

Laurie.
    Nice, what relays will you use then? I'm using 16A relays with 420 ohms coils, that's way better then the regular 100 ohm coils! And I'm using a polyswitch in it towards the pump to protect the wiring...

So if that's what the diaphragm does then I am sure my fuel hoses are acting as damper now!

Comment

Yes does the fuel damper also reduce injector ticking? I bought one as mine looks like it was found in the titanic wreckage! And I tested if you could blow air through both sides Laurie must both be on the correct lines

I didn't think it was in my head with the fuel relay the idle was smooth and steady after fitment. Hopefully mine will last now only do around 300 miles per year in the car

Comment

I also purchased this, trying to replace all electrical and mechanical parts so basically everything then in theory should run like it was intended

Can still buy these from Vauxhall but over £100 I didn't pay that obviously!

And yes Tahir a full overhaul of the fuel system is one of the next jobs on the car looks cool in its original finish

Comment

Originally posted by Vinci View Post
          Fuel pump relay does many more things than just supply the pump. It also gives power to several sensors and the injectors and makes sure the ECU is working properly. They tend to break pretty fast on the MK2 and on later Vauxhalls the functions were split in to two separate relays which is a LOT better as the relay itself already dissipates just short of 4 watts in to a tinmy sealed box. That often makes them unable to get rid of the heat build up and then the solenoid function of the relays is compromised, the contacts lose their contact strength and start to arch upon vibrations and finally generate massive contact resistance which makes it heat up even more until it breaks. I have built several relays for several persons that fit in the same socket, but uses two separate relays and has check lights etc. Mine is working great now for over two years!

The fuel pump relay on the earlier C20XE redtop engines is quite a poor quality device that tends to overheat and fail prematurely. I decided to put some fas...

If I may ask what does this diaphragm actually do? I've never had one fitted and my engine is doing fine!
          That looks a decent bit of kit may have to upgrade at some point

Comment

Another part turned up for me today I am nearly finished buying now and can get ready for paint work

Just want the car finished now

Comment

Nice one! Though... may be the picture, but the bottom bit looks a bit tiny??

Comment

Sweet mate.. Anymore of the gearstick gaitors available? May buy a couple if there is, for spares.

Comment

Originally posted by Vinci View Post
                  Nice one! Though... may be the picture, but the bottom bit looks a bit tiny??
                  It's just the picture I thought that when I looked back at it

Comment

Originally posted by tahir868 View Post
                    Sweet mate.. Anymore of the gearstick gaitors available? May buy a couple if there is, for spares.
                    I will drop you a PM

Comment

Could you drop me a PM to please for the gaitor?

Chris

Comment

Originally posted by 1800turbogte View Post
                        Could you drop me a PM to please for the gaitor?

Chris
                        Hi Chris I've just tried to PM but your inbox is full

Comment

Whoops empty now

Comment

Hi I'm desperate for a new rubber gaitor...any chance of some info for me too :-)

Car looks amazing I have a black 8v trying to detail mine the same way

Comment

I've got a new rubber gaitor to spare, doesn't fit on mine, think it's for the low tunnel astras.... Need a leather one myself...

Got it packed in original bag with GM number, can look it up to verify when wanted?

Comment

Got the gaitor in my hands, GM number on it says 90223575. Anyone interested can PM me, I charge only shipping, the part is free!

Comment

Working...
                                X