Brake caliper modification

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brake caliper modification

any one know if the front brake calipers off an astra g will fit the astra mk 2 ?

Re: Brake caliper modification

Sort answer is No, different hole centres on the leg.

Comment

Wondering can I leave the brake servo in a 1.2 astra mk 2 alone when fitting a red top engine in ? not going to run the abs system on her servo bell is a lot bigger on gte than 1.2 also 4 pipes off master cylinder on 1.2, where as only 2 on gte system feeding abs pump, will it work ? or will there be too much pressure on smaller bell servo and blow it ?

Comment

You don't need to modify anything on the brakes save ideally fitting 256mm front brakes.

Comment

It will all work but the pedal could be long if your changing the brake calipers as the master cylinder is a smaller diameter on base models.

Id try to find an Astra GTE 16v non ABS front master cylinder - should be 22mm I think - and will have the 4 outputs as you currently have - if your fitting bigger calipers (which is more than recommended if fitting a redtop!)

Paul..
          My rallying with mk2 adventures... http://www.astra-mk2.com/forum/forum...ing-adventures

Comment

These 22mm non abs master cylinders are still available new for some odd 100 euro or so, and shipping.... you can leave the servo in, thats not a problem. You need to get the correct master though, as there is delco (with the mounting bolts flat/horizontal) and there is ATE, with the bolts on the servo at a 45 degree angle.

If you dont swap the master it'll work, but with pretty mushy pedal feel and rather poor dosability. 22mm master will provide a much firmer catch point, but will need a little more effort, hence it is normally paired with an inch larger servo. To me, being 1.94 meters and 100kg, this doesn't make much of a difference, but my wife was quite happy with the stock gte larger servo fitted.

Comment

Thanks for replys might just see how it works on standard system , will be changing calipers to gte ones if I am not happy with the pedal will change master cylinder later !

Comment

Working...
              X