Lets talk about GAZ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lets talk about GAZ...

So GAZ coilovers, how much and whats the deal?

I sent away bare hub/struts and they come back all ready to rock?

What rear coilover should I use? I will be turreting the rears and beefing up the mounts on the rear beam. Also what springs... will 300lbs springs do?

Will be all on the road but I like it quite harsh. I know I could just use a decent conventional set-up for my needs but i have my heart set on GAZ coilovers.

Re: Lets talk about GAZ...

Harvey has Gaz Gold on his track focused Astra and Im sure will be along shortly with some photo links....

Paul..
    My rallying with mk2 adventures... http://www.astra-mk2.com/forum/forum...ing-adventures

Comment

Though to balance things, the current rallycar isnt turreted and doesnt run coilovers on the rear. Instead I run a Mk3 GSI Eibach spring kit and Avo adjustable dampers although I have 2.5" front coilovers with an inverted Avo damper. Im running 225 - 275 lb springs on the front. Personally, Id have said 300lb springs on the rear is too hard for road use although good for smooth tracks.

Paul..
      My rallying with mk2 adventures... http://www.astra-mk2.com/forum/forum...ing-adventures

Comment

Below is from a PM I wrote a few months ago when someone else was enquiring.

The contact name at GAZ is Dave Lyon and the part numbers from my receipts are as follows:
        Pair of SAS-019 which are 'Astra Trackday Spec' (these are the fronts) £200 each + vat
        Pair of GP8-2069 which are 'Shock Absorber' (these are the rears) £75 each + vat
        Pair of TOPS which are 'Top Seats' (rear shocks top spring seats) £10 each + vat
        Pair of Springs which are '400lb Fronts' (I found these too hard and now run 350lb) £18 each + vat
        Pair of Springs which are '350lb Rears' (I found these too hard and now run 300lb) £18 each + vat
        Carriage 'Collection/Return' £30 + vat

My total bill from GAZ was £789.60 inc vat but that was back in August 2008.

Don't forget you'll need top mounts and I would recommend eccentric if you can stretch the cash for some. If you send the top mounts to GAZ with the donor front legs they will make the fronts to fit the top mounts. As you say, send them your donor front hubs and they will do their magic which includes lowering the steering arms.

I can recommend them as they are a really nice piece of kit and even on the crap UK roads with my softer poundage springs give a nice ride. All I do when going on track is stiffen the rears by 4 clicks.

Here's a pic of when I received them from GAZ and they still look as good now. If you require any further info just post on here.

GAZ did initially forget to send me the rear rose bush spacers but a quick call and they were in the post to me.

Fronts compared with stock to show the lowered steering arms.

Last edited by Harvey; 15-10-2014, 10:18 AM.

Comment

i have just brought some gaz golds for my silk violet not coilovers though but they are fully adjustable i dealt with andy ,i found them very helpfull and prices are good and the products are very high quality etc ,,just waiting to see how the car handles etc

Comment

Awesome guys thanks

I will have more questions when I get home, got another two weeks out here and can't veiw the photos:P (Employer blocks all the photo websites).

Innes

Comment

Originally posted by InnesKongSX View Post
              can't veiw the photos:P (Employer blocks all the photo websites).
              If you PM me your e-mail I'll drop the pics over to you.

Update;
              Lol, you had already PMed me and pics are on there way to you
              Last edited by Harvey; 15-10-2014, 08:30 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X