Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

best place to get new strut tops and bearings and 30mm lowering springs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: best place to get new strut tops and bearings and 30mm lowering springs?

mine will probably do 1500 miles a year max as i have 3 other vehicles so not bothered on tyre wear.my audi has pirrelli p zero on that have done well but they wouldnt make them in 15s i doubt!toyos seem to be quite popular although i always thought they were a budget brand?

Comment

No, Toyos are fine, but rubbish in the wet to my experience. I'd definitely prefer the Dunlops any day. The Dunlops are so comfy and silent and you're like on rails on these! Besides, they weigh roughly 1.5 kilos less than other similar tyres, which is unsprung weight, which helps the suspension being more active too.

Comment

thats quite a weight differance!from my experience with dunlops they step on tread were noisey and like to pop bulges in sidewalls but then i had them quite a few years ago so maybe they are better nowadays
        as for the being crap in the wet im determined not to get the car wet ever again lol i dont enjoy welding anymore :|
        Last edited by gtevectragte; 17-06-2014, 09:36 PM.

Comment

i will have a look at weekend for carpet

Comment

Originally posted by man with astra,s View Post
            i will have a look at weekend for carpet
            cheers mate getting new seats this weekend and only thing letting interior down is the horrid home made front carpet

Comment

For the same tyre pressure and car weight the "contact patch" will not get bigger with bigger circumference tyres, it will just change shape.

Comment

Yes, I used to prefer Michelin over Dunlops all the way, but since I tried the SP sport fastresponse, which were great to be honest, I couldn't resist to choose Dunlops again. And I didn't regret it this time either! That is so far, as they've been on for maybe 800 kilometers now??

Comment

Working...
                X