Astra gte 16v lowering

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Astra gte 16v lowering

Hi guys need some advice please iv got 17s for my gte 16v with 205/40/17 tyers on im going to get a shock and spring kit to lower it but whats the best hight for my size wheels and tyers a 30mm drop 40mm drop 50mm drop or 60mm drop please give your thoughts i want the car low but not so low that it will rub with people in the back please help cheers

Re: Astra gte 16v lowering

My opinion is 30mm is best. I had koni yellow adjustable shock with eibach 30mm lowering springs for mk3 gsi along with 16s with 205/50. This still rubbed sometimes with two rear passengers (adults).

Depending on the condition of your rear arches it would probably be worth having them rolled.

Comment

I've got Vectra GSI alloys in 16" with pretty worn out 205x55 and 30mm Eibach pro mk3 springs too. I needed the arches rolled and planted a set of those rubber pillar bumpstop spring seats, it's been taken out with five passengers on long trips with virtually no rubbing. Only when driving hard on speed bumps under an angle theres the occasional rub...

Cosmetically I find that with such large rims it looks more lowered already and going too far looks to me like its had an accident once with an elephant sitting on top in a drive in zoo or something LOL...
      Last edited by Vinci; 12-04-2014, 08:03 AM.

Comment

Lol ok so 30mm drop woth 17s should be fine?? Also where did you get them rubber piller bump stops cheers

Comment

I found 30mm mk3 even too low at the back, so I raised it by stacking the old rubber spring seat with the bump stop seat. Mind you, mk2 -30 springs from Eibach tend to lower about -40 to -45, and mk3 springs are made for about 100 kilograms more weight, so lower much closer to the promised -30....

Comment

Ok cheers for the link i know its dum but where do they go lol also isit the top 1 s so shell i put mk3 40mm springs on the back ??? Also another quick question do you or anyone know where i can get the upper spring seat for the front springs and the rear spring seats cheers

Comment

I mean mk3 30mm on back

Comment

Can source you all these parts when needed mate, no problem. The bumpstops go where the usual ones also go, under the spring. I don't think it matters much whether you place them up or down, but they suffice to place single sided.

Comment

Ok cheers can you get me prices please also the front spring seat thing i mean looks like a upside down top hat lol with 3 lil tags on top that clip in the lil metal skull cap spring seat on top lol

Comment

Can you point the numbers out you need on here?

Comment

Yea its number 4 mate

Comment

Working...
                      X