Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Front Suspension???

Hi all,
    I have recently been refurbing and getting new bits to rebuild my front legs, and i have a quick question.

Which way do these go, now i think pointy end up, but i have looked at a few threads, to try and see a rebuild etc, but have had no luck, the haynes exploded diagram show how its all built up, but is unclear on the bellows(to me anyway) can anyone shed some light on this for me, or point me in the direction of appropriate front suspension rebuild thread.

Apologies, if its a bit of a no-brainer, but it's been a while since i stripped them

Cheers all.

Re: Front Suspension???

Round bit up
    Returned GTE to default settings : On axle stands

Comment

Comment

I have managed to further confuse myself, i found an old pic of before i stripped it, and do my eyes deceive, or is that pointing downwards, if so is that right or wrong do we reckon, as both myself and BenH, thought it went upwards.

Comment

As Ben says it normally points upwards .... but it doesn't really matter as it's just a bump stop.

Comment

top goes to the top simples.

round bit top. how low is car? I had to cut mine in half on old car it was -60 on front but look like It sat lower.

Comment

from a different angle, think of the two parts that the bump stop will hit when suspension is fully compressed. the damper retaining ring nut, large broad and flat. the upper spring retainer which is broad and domed up (concave)

then look at the bump stop, one end is broad and flat, the other is dome up (convex)

Comment

Originally posted by gte 16v View Post
                I have managed to further confuse myself, i found an old pic of before i stripped it, and do my eyes deceive, or is that pointing downwards, if so is that right or wrong do we reckon, as both myself and BenH, thought it went upwards.

Originally posted by BlackBox View Post
                As Ben says it normally points upwards .... but it doesn't really matter as it's just a bump stop.
                OK, cheers thought so.

Originally posted by steven View Post
                top goes to the top simples.

round bit top. how low is car? I had to cut mine in half on old car it was -60 on front but look like It sat lower.
                No mate it's not low, just wanted it as correct as i could get it.

Originally posted by DarrenH View Post
                from a different angle, think of the two parts that the bump stop will hit when suspension is fully compressed. the damper retaining ring nut, large broad and flat. the upper spring retainer which is broad and domed up (concave)

then look at the bump stop, one end is broad and flat, the other is dome up (convex)
                Yeah mate, i thought that was the only sensible way, just the pic put those nasty doubts in my head, anyway all good now, cheers for the advice peops.

Comment

Working...
                X