Coil over options?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coil over options?

What kits are out there for the mk2? I've seen the HH kit on their website but what are the alternatives?

Do Gaz still modify the big block legs on exchange?

Cheers

Re: Coil over options?

Yes Gaz do if you have the pockets ... otherwise you need to do some chopping and welding yourself ..

Comment

What £? are we talking roughly for the Gaz units?

My dad has two mig sets so I can cut and weld but I'd be tempted by off the shelf proven units.

Comment

I think they are around £600 but you'd have to check on that.

I built my own, but it's not easy ... the hardest part was getting the car to sit low enough without the dampers bottoming out. I had to machine my Bilstein B6's top mount and use sold top mounts. A kind chap on here also pushed the strut tubes down into the hubs by 20mm to give more travel and lowering.

It's a bit of a job all in ....

Comment

Cheers mate, off the back of Evo owner ship that price on coil overs aint half bad.

Comment

Yeah I suppose £600 ain't a bad price when you consider everything ... I am a hands on sort really so went my own way ..

Comment

By the time I'm done with the rest of the build I'll probably just want to chuck something on, lol.

Comment

If you want coilovers all round then GAZ Gold would be my recommendation that's what I run and they are a really nice piece of kit.

Comment

Cheers Harvey. All caught up on your thread, my old car looks great.

Comment

Working...
                  X