No announcement yet.

GTE Turbo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking at Gterie’s thread I noticed he used the vxr injectors so I have order 4 today which will be with me next week. Hopefully this will sort the issue. I have also ordered a fuel pump just in case and a fuel filter.

Comment

What chipset you have in the ECU? Standard or aftermarket?

Comment

Just looked at the pictures, looks like she has kept well in storage all them years just the dust and grime hiding a nice bourduex red paintwork, love the wheels

Comment

Originally posted by G.TERI.E View Post
          What chipset you have in the ECU? Standard or aftermarket?
          It’s standard at the moment, I will be running etc but right now I jut want to make its all working after it being sat for so long. I am open to all suggestions on steps to take.

Comment

Originally posted by G.TERI.E View Post
            Just looked at the pictures, looks like she has kept well in storage all them years just the dust and grime hiding a nice bourduex red paintwork, love the wheels
            Thanks mate, to be fair it’s in good condition considering age etc. One of my friends who I’ve known longer than the car works in a car body shop. He’s into his VW’s and buys mk1 golfs etc and fully restores them on the side to concourse level. He came the other day to have look and put a plan together. The cars is going to get some loving. As I v said, I want to get it running, then look at paint etc then tuning. I’m think once it’s running, because not used it for over 20 years I may have a little play over the summer before it comes off the road again for the loving.

Comment

Sounds like a good plan,.. 20yrs is a long time for any car to be stood bound to have cracked or perished tyres, perished bush's, CV joints, corroded disc's etc.
              personally I would get it washed then engine running, stick it on a ramp have a good look what needs replacing.....

Anything you want to know just ask.
              Last edited by G.TERI.E; 02-05-2020, 09:17 AM.

Comment

CFDDCD16-15D8-45FB-BB78-0FADF3077914.jpeg
                Got one working ish, it was more of a jet than mist, this one above wasn’t working at all and didn’t bother checking the other two. D6FD6FC1-5DB1-426E-AF05-8EC26E007B29.jpeg
                just waiting for the new ones to arrive now.

Comment

ED98D63D-7F19-4F25-BAA2-2C970A95CEAC.jpeg
                  Meanwhile I got the seats out yesterday to give them a needed clean. The interior is still in very good condition.

Comment

The leather on the seats were very hard. I gave them plenty of conditioner. After a couple of hours they really started to soften up nicely. I may even go over them again today. I think they turned out well although somehow I lost the bracket lower bracket that holds them in place. Hoping it’s at the workshop. 10F85BD7-0F3C-4318-9B28-657986EB900E.jpeg1D57B775-AEF1-42C6-BCF5-D66485CB626C.jpeg618F20C1-67E0-4D06-ACB1-0A616B13DB20.jpeg5F191623-24EB-48D3-8791-945DB538CB00.jpeg

Comment

B307954A-13CC-495A-8916-F1E3F49F71B9.jpeg3A1DA61C-7D18-4D82-9F60-00C0AE55E4F6.jpeg

Comment

73D76594-4CA4-41EC-A5EE-B5146B54EA35.jpeg6A283CBD-B4AD-4C75-9A11-1ED0FAEC7F97.jpeg

Comment

Looking good especially for being in a garage for so many years . Keep up the good work

Comment

The injectors came today, they’re in now and the good news is she’s now a runner. The engine is running fast. From cold it’s about 1400 rpm but only drops to around 1200 rpm when warm so a bit more investigative work needed. We know there is a bad earth. We know there is a leak from where the nitrous is fitted to the intercooler pipe. We are going to remove the nitrous and cut and sleeve the pipe for now, I will be ordering new pipe work further down the line once it’s running correctly. I have new fuel pump on the way and fuel filter. The timing was at 17.9

Comment

Got it starting good now, earth sorted and nitrous removed. Still idling fast though, does anyone have any ideas. Could it be the vxr injectors? New fuel pump and filter arrived today, but not fitted at the moment.

Comment

Check the ICV idle control valve (under the intake manifold as they are prone to sticking but doesn't sound like it as yours is idling somewhere near where it should be. Well worth removing it and giving it a really good clean with brake cleaner then add a small amount of WD40 to keep it oiled before refitting. Also check all intake and vacuum pipework for any leaks, also check vacuum pipework for blockages. Clean the throttle body and double check the timing belt is spot on. Looks like you have a solid base to begin with but check the sills, drivers steering rack mount and have a jolly good poke about to ensure Mr Rusty and Miss Rot haven't been lurking since it was mothballed all those years ago. Good luck with it

Comment

Working...
                                X