X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cool, start the built. Good luck!

Comment

• Finally started the rebuild!

Bulkhead insulation and wiring loom in place, along with refurbished fan, need to touch the servo up as there is some surface rust on the bottom. I'm pleased with the way the powder coating of the cam and spark plug cover has turned out.
      Steering rods only in temporary so i can move the car around.

Comment

• Looking very nice indeed. Cam and spark plug cover powder coating looks spot on. Well done. Doing a great job on this.

Comment

• Good to see you last week & help you out on some more parts

Comment

• love it !

Comment

• Thanks for the positive comments and the parts, I think I might be calling back for more parts though! ;-) just got to remember the re assembly order now!

Comment

• Not found the sunroof yet may have sold it been quoted a silly price for another

Comment

• Originally posted by swayzeee View Post
                  struggling to get the EPC to load under Windows 10..grrrrrrr!
                  I've had to make mine Win10 dual boot with WinXP just for EPC. TIS will work under Win10 but EPC just didn't like to play

Great work. You're at the best part now, the rebuild. Get cracking with the brake lines while you have the room in the engine bay otherwise they can be a right pain.

Comment

• Originally posted by Harvey View Post

I've had to make mine Win10 dual boot with WinXP just for EPC. TIS will work under Win10 but EPC just didn't like to play

Great work. You're at the best part now, the rebuild. Get cracking with the brake lines while you have the room in the engine bay otherwise they can be a right pain.

VMWare with an XP Virtual Machine work a treat BTW.

Comment

• i still use XP for main machine , i typed this on it. works fine with most stuff even in this old dual core cpu, the real kicker is the 2 gig ram limit on 32bit version (and this mobo). obviously i'm not gaming or doing HD video editing, but for browsing, shopping, catchup tv, watching films its all still ok performance.

incidentally XP still has a bigger market share than windows 8 lol.

Comment

• I ended up creating a virtual machine using Hyper-V which comes with windows 10 and then loading an old copy of XP and finally loading the EPC. Brake lines are one of the next things to do, the original front ones are still good, but the rear ones were shot so need to order some tube and fittings.

Comment

• Nice and shiny dynomat, wish I'd removed the the rear passenger side so it would have matched, but I guess I will never see it again!

Boot complete as well (thanks for the pics and info)

Next job is to get the wiring loom finished, but I've managed to misplace the small section of loom that links the door switches and courtesy light, so I need to consult the book of lies for the wiring diagram.

Comment

• Short up date, rear boot, spoiler, rear windows and other stickers fitted. Got a graphic company to fit these as I wasn't feeling brave enough!

New rear vents.

Dash fitted, but am struggling to get the wiring loom in the right place to allow the clocks to go back in. Made the mistake of completely re wrapping the loom which made it look nice and tidy but restricted the flexibility. I'd always assumed the partial wrapping was a Vauxhall cost saving, but obviously not, now need to remove some of the wrap to allow it to fit back in!

Comment

• Loving the high level of attention to detail on this build. You're doing a cracking job on this.
                              It's not a question of not being brave enough to fit the graphics but being realistic. There's a definite art to fitting these graphic kits and one mistake ends up messing the whole set up.
                              You definitely made the right decision getting a company to fit it.
                              Keep up the good work great update.

Comment

• nice job

Comment

Working...
                                X