2016 Club Trackday - Sunday September 18th at Blyton Park

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2016 Club Trackday - Sunday September 18th at Blyton Park

So the date is set... The club are holding its annual late summer / early Autumn trackday once again.

Its at Blyton Park, near Gainsborough on Sunday September 18th 2016.

Book via the Javelin Trackdays website link at http://www.javelintrackdays.co.uk/tr...chk=1&Itemid=1

Will be able to camp the night before if you want to, usually have a decent social on the day and your welcome to come along even if your not tracking your car.

Paul..
    My rallying with mk2 adventures... http://www.astra-mk2.com/forum/forum...ing-adventures

Obviously mine isn't going near a track... but - what would non-track attendees book if treating this as a meet at the circuit? Is there any 'arranged parking' or similar?

Ian.
    See my project car HERE.

Comment

Nothing to book.. Just let me know your coming and we will keep you a space to park with the rest of the cars..

No cost for coming for the social unless your camping the night before when it will be £10 per tent to the landowner.

Paul..
      My rallying with mk2 adventures... http://www.astra-mk2.com/forum/forum...ing-adventures

Comment

Cool - I will ask the better half if I'm allowed out four* times in one year.

1) Bromley Pageant
        2) Billing
        3) Lotus Festival at Brands
        4) Blyton?
        Last edited by Ian T; 18-07-2016, 02:43 PM.
        See my project car HERE.

Comment

acknowledged thread and the facebook invite ! same old same old, faced with the option of peddling a 58 horsepower estate round on 165 section tyres, or a 35 year old land rover.

getting bored of me not having anything with sporting pretensions
          Last edited by DarrenH; 19-07-2016, 11:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by DarrenH View Post
            acknowledged thread and the facebook invite ! same old same old, faced with the option of peddling a 58 horsepower estate round on 165 section tyres, or a 35 year old land rover.

getting bored of me not having anything with sporting pretensions
            We can sort some wheels and tyres for you - and you proved how much fun a 1.6 merit auto can have round the track so dont be scared of tracking it..

If not, just come up for the social

Paul..

Comment

I've booked the holiday from work, so should make it along
              So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish

Comment

social sounds good.

its pure vanity i openly admit, but i overtook 1 car the last time we went to blyton and that was a stricken mini cruising back to the pits it was fun chucking the merit about, and a good crack in general, but i long for the exhilaration you can only get after having 3 times the horsepower and handling !
                Last edited by DarrenH; 20-07-2016, 12:59 PM.

Comment

I really hope to do this one too, I'll be well settled in the Cottage in the Borders by then but the 8v will still be here in Suffolk so it will probably work in 2 ways .....

Drive down to Suffolk late in that week and load the truck with a little more stuff that's still bound to need to go north (including 8v on trailer), run up Saturday, have some fun Sunday and drive home North Sunday night ... Result = 8v gets to move to its new home

My ex work colleague has just broken and sold off his RX7 so not sure if he will have his new project by then but will ask.

I just need to check out and re arrange some diary entries but I'll be there for sure.

Hey' Darren I'll have a spare set of well worn trackday wheels and tyres you can slap on the motor for some sticky fun?

Laurie.

Comment

As soon as Paul mentioned it last Sunday at Billing I was in, booked it as soon as I could so I have no excuses not to go. I surpose I better get the dead creatures washed off from Mallory a couple of months ago. I've also popped the details on a few other Vaux forums so hopefully we might get a decent Vauxhall turnout on track.

Comment

ive got a set of new R888, multiple sets of wheels. i think its just trying to rustle up the least terrible vehicle to go to a track day in 2 calender months thing. it just doesnt fit in with my work ethic of doing nothing slowly over the space of years

Comment

Just Paul and myself booked in then come on you lot it'll be fun.

I'll bring my event shelter and a few spare camping chairs so we have a chill out area. Lunchtime BBQ sounds good, Mick (mick g) can do the cooking as I' ve heard he's very good!

Comment

I'll be booking soon but just working through a very tight budget this time of the month and with the buckets full of Derv I keep pumping the the VW truck every trip to the cottage and back I have to safe guard a little balance or be a little lighter on the right foot for a couple of trips

Laurie.

Comment

i'm now in the attendees list although the field length has truncated my vehicle "...estate diesel (yes really)"

Comment

me likey :-)

Comment

Working...
                              X