Non runner 1990 mk2 Astra sri

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Non runner 1990 mk2 Astra sri

Hi guys, regretfully I am having to put my first mk2 up for sale. I bought this a few weeks back from a seller who was quite vague in the description. I thought it would be a relatively easy fix and I would be able to use the car until I could get it back home and have an engine conversion done. On closer inspection with the AA I have had the car running but the bottom end is knocking and having recently moved 200 miles North I am struggling to find anyone to carry out a conversion for me. Plan now is to spend some decent cash on a 16v thats not needing any work. I ahev copied and pasted my Gumtree ad, Im sure some will have seen it already.

Due to a change in circumstances and lack of time I am putting my 1990 mk2 Astra Sri up for sale. I bought this as a non runner with the intention of an engine conversion but don't have the time. Got the car started once and the bottom end is knocking so being sold as non running, MOT till July I think it is. 49k on the clocks, MOT history check would suggest the mileage is correct. This is an ideal car for a good XE or LET conversion, no rust anywhere on the car. I'm after £900 for it and It's worth that all day long. Located in Alness, north of Scotland. Car will need trailered away / recovered.

1.8 8v with Kent cam and pully.
    No rust anywhere and fresh respray in Ford radiant red.
    Lowered on Gas shocks and springs.
    Uprated v6 front brakes with braided hoses.
    17" multi spoke wheels with nearly new tyres.
    Sportex full stainless exhaust.
    Rear strut brace.
    Full GTE kit.
    Original Sri Burberry interior

I dont imagine many folk would be interested in travelling hundreds of miles to trailer a non runner home but putting it up on the off chance. The shell really is a cracker with no rust anywhere and a really good paint job, would be ideal for the right mechanical minded person.

Re: Non runner 1990 mk2 Astra sri

My mate bought this car its a pile of crap major rust issues rear accident damage bodge fix needs sills seat belt anchor points are gone and now been stripped for parts everything is shot disgusting as it's advertised no rust

Comment

Where are the parts being sold? I may be interested in the exhaust if in good condition and compatible with SER (which it should be if off the shelf)

Comment

probably not the place to discuss it but it appears that "no rust mk2" means half decent paint job and well presented with that all important badge of ok-ness, an MOT

i think (hope) that its just ignorance, not knowing its frilly inside the cavities, rather than a particular owner setting out to deliberately deceive
        Last edited by DarrenH; 13-12-2014, 01:22 AM.

Comment

I see the hungry folk have been nawing at the drivers bolster again, nom nom nom

Comment

Just for the record I'm the aggrieved other party in this mess of a translation. Just building a collection of pics together to send to DVLA concerning the MOT, it's no doubt a fake. As I work with someone who used to be very senior their I'm sure to get their attention.

The seller just has to live with his guilt. He has stated that he didn't realise the car was in such a bad state yet one of the rear suspension torrents is topped with rust and has a crack half way around it, and any look under the car, the seats or the carpets would have shown up how bad the car was. If he hadn't looked he was negligent, if he did then he was fraudulent in his descriptions.

Lesson learned.

Comment

another rotter sold as mint

i would take any advert with a pinch of salt these days and just go over the car when you view it sorry you got stung on this dude

Comment

When I went to buy my gte I had knowledge in my mind thanks to fellow mk2 club owners,it looked fairly average body wise and needs a full resto but has 64k miles and mint interior but upon removing carpets it had hole in passenger floor,x2 small 10p size holes on drivers side so not the end of the world but as Darren h says a good paint job means NOTHING!

Comment

is this car still around getting broken?

Comment

Originally posted by auldyin1998 View Post
                    is this car still around getting broken?
                    that car is a tin can now ......scrapped

Comment

I have the carpet

Comment

any parts left from this?

Comment

Working...
                        X