Terms of service
Use of the Astra Mk2 Owners Club forum shall be in accordance with these Terms of service. In using the Forum you have agreed to be bound by them. Astra Mk2 Owners Club staff reserve the right to make changes to these terms from time to time without notice and it is your responsibility to determine such changes. Continued use of the forum shall be deemed acceptance of any changes and it is your responsiblility to keep upto date with them.
If you have any questions or problems, please feel free to contact one of the staff members.
• While debating and discussion is fine, we will not tolerate rudeness, profanity (or attempts to bypass profanity filters), insulting posts, personal attacks or purposeless inflammatory posts. Our decision is final in these matters.
• Please refrain from posting meaningless threads, one word (or short) non-sense posts, or the such.
• Multiple or repeated posting in order to increase your post count is not allowed.
• Advertising, spamming and trolling is not allowed. This includes using the forum, email, visitor messages, blog comments, picture comments and private message systems to spam other members.
• Please wait a reasonable amount of time before bumping posts.
• We also do not allow posts or links to sites that are sexual in nature or violate the Astra Mk2 Owners Club standards. The Astra Mk2 Owners Club team shall be the sole arbitrator of what does and what does not violate community standards.
• Discussion of illegal activities such as software and music piracy and other intellectual property violations are not allowed.
• Each member is allowed one login account. Registering with multiple accounts is not allowed.
• We reserve the right to remove offensive posts without notice.
• We reserve the right to remove any for sale / wanted section advert without notice.
• We reserve the right to remove any user account without notice.
• We reserve the right to remove your access if you post negative / derogatory / slanderous comments on other forums or social media sites.
• If you are going to post non-English i.e. use your native language on these forums, please also post an English Translation of your post.
• Posts arguing about Astra Mk2 Owners Club policies are not allowed. You can contact one of the staff members if you have issue with Astra Mk2 Owners Club policies.
• Posts discussing moderator actions are also not allowed.
• Also while these rules cover most common situations, they cannot anticipate everything. Consequently we reserve the right to take any actions we deem appropriate to ensure these forums are not disrupted or abused in any way.
• All posts must be made in English.
• We also reserve the right to ban anyone who wilfully violates the forum rules, as access to our forum is a privilege and not a right. No correspendence will be made with a banned or removed user.
• Any request to remove a user, post or thread will be processed within 14 days. Contact must be made directly to Steve Heley and one chosen moderator by private message.
• When posting on the forum you are agreeing to allow the Astra Mk2 Owners Club use your text / information and images.
Advertising Services and Solicitation
We do not allow people to post threads or to send private messages or emails to users here that advertise or solicit any products, services, funds or donations. Explicit advertising and soliciting in signatures is also prohibited.
Links in signatures must follow these guidelines
• All signatures must be made in English.
• Animated avatars are not allowed. Sorry.
• Avatars that may be confused with official staff avatars are not allowed.
Signature Size Limits
• All signatures should not exceed the following limits.
• You can't have both text and images in your sig.
• For text signatures: 4 lines normal size, 8 lines small size and up to 90 chars per line. Font sizes above 2 are not allowed. (Blank lines count as lines.).
• Do not use images with large text to bypass the previous item.
• For images in signatures: 1 image up to 300 pixels wide, 125 pixels tall and 20k in size.
• Animated images in a signature are not allowed.
Third-Party Disputes and Sales / Wanted forums
We will not mediate third-party disputes due to third-party sales or purchases for items or cars. Purchasing / Selling items from another user or company is done at your own risk. If you have an issue with a third-party regarding their sale or conduct then you will need to handle it through the means they provide directly. Any such threads on this topic will be closed.
Although the administrators and moderators of the Astra Mk2 Owners Club Forum will attempt to keep all objectionable messages off this forum, it is impossible for us to review all messages. All messages express the views of the author, and neither the owners of the Astra Mk2 Owners Club Forum, nor approved moderators will be held responsible for the content of any message.
By agreeing to these rules, you agree that you will not post any messages that are obscene, vulgar, sexually-oriented, hateful, threatening, or otherwise violative of any laws.
The owners / moderators of the Astra Mk2 Owners Club Forum reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread for any reason.
Any disputes with the staff of the Astra Mk2 Owners Club Forums will be handled in private through the Private Message System or it will be removed. If you wish to escalate any issue with staff then please private message Steve Heley
Right to change
We reserve the right to update and modify these rules as the needs of the community dictate to ensure the smooth operation of this community.
Updated: 12th September 2012.