Wheels too big

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wheels too big

I put on my new wheels but it looks like the rear wheels are not going to clear the arches if the wheel moves up. The guy that sold them to be was 99% sure they would. I haven't driven it yet. Is there anything I can do? Can I get a machine shop to shave some metal off the inside of the mating face of the wheel?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Photo0022.jpg
Views:	368
Size:	533.4 KB
ID:	526172Click image for larger version

Name:	Photo0011.jpg
Views:	367
Size:	667.6 KB
ID:	526173Click image for larger version

Name:	Photo0024.jpg
Views:	360
Size:	552.2 KB
ID:	526174Click image for larger version

Name:	Photo0010.jpg
Views:	358
Size:	860.0 KB
ID:	526175Click image for larger version

Name:	Photo0013.jpg
Views:	370
Size:	600.0 KB
ID:	526176Click image for larger version

Name:	Photo0015.jpg
Views:	355
Size:	453.5 KB
ID:	526177Click image for larger version

Name:	Photo0025.jpg
Views:	368
Size:	972.6 KB
ID:	526178

When I did my resto I rolled the inner lips upwards then sealed and smoothed so it didn’t create a water trap, this allowed me to fit 205/50/15s without any issues.

The new Power-TEC Wheel Arch Reforming Tool is designed to roll out damage on the wheel arch lip and adjacent panels. It is also used to role back a wheel a...
    Last edited by Danny; 01-11-2020, 03:41 PM.

Comment

The particulars of the wheels are 15" x 6.5" 100mm ET40

Comment

Originally posted by Danny View Post
        When I did my resto I rolled the inner lips upwards then sealed and smoothed so it didn’t create a water trap, this allowed me to fit 205/50/15s without any issues.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RUv9...nectionLimited
        yes modifying lips is definilty a possibilty.

I just looked up and the standard offset for the GTE alloys is ET49. And if I am right the higher the number the more the wheels stick out towards the outside of the car.

The wheels are Rota slipstreams. I bought them years ago because the package of 4 wheels + tyres seemed resonable.

Comment

Not sure about the sizes to be honest mine are compomotive th wheels with a ET49. The Rota slipstreams are a very nice wheel, what J are yours 6, 6.5,7?

Comment

Sorry just see they are 6.5

Comment

Comment

i think you will find that even after rolling the lips they still buzz the inner wheel tubs when the suspension compresses

Comment

Originally posted by DarrenH View Post
                  i think you will find that even after rolling the lips they still buzz the inner wheel tubs when the suspension compresses
                  Yeah I put that on hold it will be touch and go to get them to fit even shaving mm's of the hub and the brake disc.

Comment

Working...
                  X