• Show
Clear All

• Jags C20LET
    replied
    It's ok buddy, no biggy

Leave a comment:

• Danny
    replied
    Ok mate no probs, sorry for the delay in posting up the photo just been really busy

Leave a comment:

• Jags C20LET
    replied
    Hi mate. No worries, I found one! NSR reconned and delivered from Latvia for ?48. I also managed to get a recon OSR for ?18. ?66 the pair. Result. Thanks for the offer.
    Last edited by Jags C20LET; 24-02-2018, 10:52 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Danny
    replied
    No problem i will do that tomorrow evening for you as im out sea fishing tomorrow so wont be back til later

Leave a comment:

• Jags C20LET
    replied
    Thanks bud, it's the passenger side I need. Pics would be great, the bit that needs to be good is the sliding surfaces the pads sit on

Leave a comment:

• Danny
    replied
    Originally posted by Jags C20LET View Post
    Ooooh, yes please!
    Sorry for the late reply, not logged in for a while.
    I have a cunning plan to fix it though.

I managed to get the bottom of it out (the bit with the taper, so that bit is fine), but most of the thread is gone.
    I was going to try the highly risky helicoil fix (must be drilled and tapped perfect or it wont seal on the taper), but just came up with a brainstorm idea.

You can buy banjo's with a nipple built in to them.
    I'm thinking, get the banjo hole welded up, drill and tap the caliper nipple hole out to suit the banjo, screw the banjo in to the new hole and maybe get it brazed in to make it 10000% sealtite. I will then have a new seat and perfect thread and nipple.

Thinking about using this...

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Stainless...EAAOSwQS1aBFVj

Opinions?
    Hi mate, i found one but it needs a good clean its full of rust but the nipple is ok, if its anygood to you ill post a photo tomorrow night

Leave a comment:

• Jags C20LET
    replied
    Thanks, I saw the nipple therapy kit, but a lot of money to fix one nipple.

Leave a comment:

• easytrans
    replied
    On that point I've just seen this .. a bit pricey but an alternative ....

http://www.fraserbrowneng.co.uk/stor...&product_id=51

L
    Last edited by easytrans; 17-02-2018, 02:15 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Jags C20LET
    replied
    Ooooh, yes please!
    Sorry for the late reply, not logged in for a while.
    I have a cunning plan to fix it though.

I managed to get the bottom of it out (the bit with the taper, so that bit is fine), but most of the thread is gone.
    I was going to try the highly risky helicoil fix (must be drilled and tapped perfect or it wont seal on the taper), but just came up with a brainstorm idea.

You can buy banjo's with a nipple built in to them.
    I'm thinking, get the banjo hole welded up, drill and tap the caliper nipple hole out to suit the banjo, screw the banjo in to the new hole and maybe get it brazed in to make it 10000% sealtite. I will then have a new seat and perfect thread and nipple.

Thinking about using this...

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Stainless...EAAOSwQS1aBFVj

Opinions?
    Last edited by Jags C20LET; 17-02-2018, 01:12 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Danny
    replied
    Hi, I think i have a couple of used calipers in my lock up, if intrested i can have a look in the week for you?

Leave a comment:

• Jags C20LET
    started a topic Brake Caliper - ATE or Pattern?

Brake Caliper - ATE or Pattern?

Really annoyingly, I was in the process of refurbing an old rear caliper with new piston, seal, etc when I snapped the nipple off. Tried drilling and eazi-out with heat, no way, it must be welded in there so basically, the caliper is scrap.

VX no longer do any rear caliper or component (caliper, pads, mounting kit, nipple. NOTHING).
    I can get a refurbed ATE caliper for about ?95, or a pattern caliper for ?63.
    Opinions on ATE vs Pattern please!

Working...
X