Brake pressure regulators

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brake pressure regulators

After fitting all new brake pipes,hoses, master cylinder etc I went to bleed the brakes today and have no fluid out both rears. The front bled no problem. Could it be the regulators are which have failed and not allowing fluid through.

I will take the pipes out the regulators tomorrow and see if any fluid passing through them as didn't get time today.

Any help is much appreciated

Darren

in short, no. they dont actually restrict flow until above a certain input fluid pressure, so should pass fluid unhindered when bleeding

if its non abs master cylinder the circuits are mixed too (i.e 1 cylidner does a front and back circuit) so cant even blame the master cylinder.

if you have drum rears are you squeezing the slaves all the way back into their bores ? if yes i noticed this actually cut off the bleed nipple and i couldnt bleed them

Comment

Thanks for the quick reply.

it's a non abs with drums at the rear. Will remove the drums and have a look to check slave cylinders. Is it just a case of adjusting the brakes so the slaves are not all the way back.

Comment

naa i meant when you bled the rears were you squeezing the slaves back into their bores (common trick to reduce space that bubbles can get trapped)

sounds you were bleeding with the rears fully assembled so shouldnt be a problem :frown:

Comment

The rears are fully assembled. So it it just a case keep trying to bleed them?

thanks Darren

Comment

Removed the pipe for the rear passenger brake from the pressure regulator and I have no fluid coming out. Have I connected something wrong or could it be the master cylinder which I new.

Any help is much appreciated

Darren

Comment

Got it sorted the regulators were block with gunge.

thanks for the help

Comment

Working...
              X