Bottom arm refurb

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bottom arm refurb

As part of the refurb I discided to replace the front bushes with the standard type and the rear with polyurethane, at the same time thought I might as well weld up the unnecessary gaps left my the manufacturer, not saying there are weak but it wouldn't do any harm, had a old arm so opened it up to see how good the factory weld is and it's fine so don't panic lol

Also added some extra steel to the bush end then coated it all with that Haffords truck bed liner that's textured and give it that nice look and anti stone chip.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Danny; 01-10-2016, 07:25 PM.

very nice job !

Comment

Cheers Darren, done the rear beam and tank the same plus a few other bits

Comment

One of the beam and tank. Ignore the old exhaust it's only staying on until I've finished building the LET

Comment

Hi Bud, Did you need to prime the lower arms first or just straight on with the Bed Line paint? Gonna do the same myself to mine.
          Cheers
          Steve

Comment

if your item is already painted and the paint is sound you only have to key the surface with a medium paper (i.e not 60 grit or 1200 grit, somewhere inbetween)

Comment

Hi Darren

My lower arms are really grotty, will new to wire wheel / flap disc them clean first, replace bushes etc.

Comment

Hi Steve, As Darren said really but if are taking it partly back to metal id use black smooth hammerite then the bed liner paint to give it that tough textured look like mine
                I see it in Halfords the other day but cant find it the the website so have a look at this for an idea http://mccormicktools.co.uk/hycote-t...iABEgKM4vD_BwE

Comment

Hi mate, cool, will do thanks for your advice much appreciated.

Comment

No worries mate happy to help. When your done post some photos up.

Comment

Working...
                    X