cheap sports struts from Germany

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Twiggzz View Post
    i have these on my astra. never had any problems yet. it has dropped a little more since putting them on. but feels so much better than standard.

I am a bit away from finishing my car off yet but good to hear some positive feedback about the suspension as they were cheap I was a bit worried, so cheers
    Car looks mint by the way

Comment

you tested them out yet ... any good ?

have you got any pics of the height ?

Comment

Originally posted by astra216 View Post
        you tested them out yet ... any good ?

have you got any pics of the height ?

I am quite a bit away from finishing my cae yet but there's photos on my restoration thread of the car with them fitted . looks ok

Comment

front and back fitted in this pic ?

Comment

cocked the link up...... this one ?

Comment

Originally posted by astra216 View Post
              cocked the link up...... this one ?

Yes front and back fitted

Comment

looks good. not too different from standard.

ive heard alot about cheap kits being crashy and too harsh, but id be interested to hear what you have to say once you get a chance to test them out.

obviously it would be real nice to get a set of decent bilsteins and eibachs, but with a price tag of over £600... there well out of my price range.

Comment

Wonder who is going to buy the last set, they seem pretty good and at a decent price
                  Item number 361448195341
                  Last edited by Danny; 08-03-2016, 12:40 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Gtedan View Post
                    Wonder who is going to buy the last set, they seem pretty good and at a decent price
                    Item number 361448195341

For the price its worth it for the springs alone, I made an offer so didn't pay the full price either.

Comment

Nice one, I will be interested in finding out how they work out, I was going to buy them just for the rear springs and sell the rest on

Comment

Update on the suspension I bought from Germany, I have had the car on the road now for a few months & not used it much but I am disapointed with the ride since putting the new suspension on.
                        The car looks good lowered but on the road it is a bit wollowy and not as stiff as I would have hoped for, A friend of mine has had a ride and suggested the dampers are at fault so I am thinking of buying a set of billstein B4 all round. If this does not improve things I will put the original springs on with the B4s

Comment

A few of members are using Billstein b6 dampers with the (astra mk3 gsi) eibach springs which is a good combination, if your wanting a bit more of a smoother ride then go for the b4's with eibach springs b4's are based on OE setting.

Comment

[QUOTE=G.TERI.E;n518471]A few of members are using Billstein b6 dampers with the (astra mk3 gsi) eibach springs which is a good combination, if your wanting a bit more of a smoother ride then go for the b4's with eibach springs b4's are based on OE setting.[/QUOTE

I am going to try the B4s with the German springs 1st to see how they go, Its a bit of trial & error, and the cheapest option at the moment

Comment

Comment

Any update? How's the ride quality with bilstein/German springs setup? I'm planning to get bilstein shocks also though can't decide yet on what springs to get.

Comment

Working...
                                X