Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cheap sports struts from Germany

Hi
    Found these on ebay, anybody tried them?
    Sport Suspension lowering kit Springs Shocks Opel Vauxhall Kadett E Astra MK2 in Vehicle Parts & Accessories, Car Tuning & Styling, Performance Suspension | eBay

it says they are TUV approved which is pretty strict regs, but damn thats cheap for 4 dampers and springs !

i paid about that for just two bilstein B8 dampers

Comment

Originally posted by DarrenH View Post
      it says they are TUV approved which is pretty strict regs, but damn thats cheap for 4 dampers and springs !

i paid about that for just two bilstein B8 dampers

Yes I been looking everywhere for a bargain but this looks to good to be true, checking the feedback and they shift quite a few and the feedback is all positive,
      I may give them a go, but the general rule is you get what you pay for so I am a bit wary.

Comment

Didnt realise they only had two sets available someone bought one set so I had no choice but to go for it, so I bought them.
        Anybody on here by the other set??

Comment

Bought the dampers & springs from Germany they arrived 5 days later, excellent service just hope the quality matches the price, got the lot for £115 delivered.

Comment

Got a set of these for my van about two years ago,no problems with them,not too hard on the road,good value.

Comment

put the dampers and springs on but cant believe how low the car looks, I was offered an option of 40mm or 60mm, I chose 40mm as I thought this was 40mm lower than standard, is this correct???

Comment

new uploads have woken up i see (tested it earlier actually after your other post)

good choice on the 40mm option. any lower and you eat into useful travel and the springs are usually the junk "progressive" versions

Comment

new uploads have woken up i see (tested it earlier actually after your other post)

good choice on the 40mm option. any lower and you eat into useful travel and the springs are usually the junk "progressive" versions
                  I thought I had bought the wrong ones when I dropped the car off the stands, as it looks so low. cant imagine what 60mm would look like, there would be no chance of driving locally due to the speed bumps, they are like mole hills in our area, I am looking to put the rears on this weekend, slow progress but going in the right direction. I will get there one day lol

Comment

rears

Comment

they look perfect, nice even coil distribution.

Comment

they look perfect, nice even coil distribution.

Cheers Darren,
                        I hope they are ok, I Have carried out all of the work on the car as a lot of it is basic mechanics, which is what I have done workwise all my career.
                        I don't really now anything about cars so the tips I have picked up from this forum have been invaluable, When I started stripping the car I was ready to scrap it until Easytrance replied to one of my posts and his advice encouraged me to carry on.
                        I feel I got through the worst now, just got to save up for the spray job.

Comment

Nice one looks good

Comment

i have these on my astra. never had any problems yet. it has dropped a little more since putting them on. but feels so much better than standard.

Comment

Originally posted by Twiggzz View Post
                              i have these on my astra. never had any problems yet. it has dropped a little more since putting them on. but feels so much better than standard.

I am a bit away from finishing my car off yet but good to hear some positive feedback about the suspension as they were cheap I was a bit worried, so cheers

Comment

Working...
                              X