cheap sports struts from Germany

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wolbart View Post
    Any update? How's the ride quality with bilstein/German springs setup? I'm planning to get bilstein shocks also though can't decide yet on what springs to get.
    The Bilstein dampers have made a massive difference, the car is more responsive now to uneven roads, I think the cheap springs that came with the kit I bought off internet from Germany will have to be changed too. I don't think they are stiff enough as they have bottomed out a few times on the poor roads around my area.
    Cant decide wether to put the original springs back on or buy a good quality set as I like the way the car looks lowered buy 40mm.

Comment

Originally posted by pulsy View Post

The Bilstein dampers have made a massive difference, the car is more responsive now to uneven roads, I think the cheap springs that came with the kit I bought off internet from Germany will have to be changed too. I don't think they are stiff enough as they have bottomed out a few times on the poor roads around my area.
      Cant decide wether to put the original springs back on or buy a good quality set as I like the way the car looks lowered buy 40mm.
      Thanks for the info. I'm now decided to get the bilsteins.

Comment

well if it helps the last thing i did before putting my silver gte on the rotisserie was to put standard springs and new standard dampers back on. i honestly couldnt really tell the difference (a negative impact on handling i mean)

but i do have poly bushes where appropriate (rear beam and rear of front wishbones) new standard everything else, strut brace, quaiffe diff.

Comment

Originally posted by DarrenH View Post
          well if it helps the last thing i did before putting my silver gte on the rotisserie was to put standard springs and new standard dampers back on. i honestly couldnt really tell the difference (a negative impact on handling i mean)

but i do have poly bushes where appropriate (rear beam and rear of front wishbones) new standard everything else, strut brace, quaiffe diff.
          Took the car out for a run twice this week on decent roads and the car is driving ok , just think it takes a while to get used to driving an older car after being used to the smooth ride in a new one.
          As iv'e said I like the look of the car lowered by 40mm so I will keep my eyes open for a quality pair of rear springs to go with the bilsteins as they have made a big improvement to the ride already.
          Cheers,

Comment

Working...
          X