Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Astra GTE 16v Handbrake Shoes - Part number?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Astra GTE 16v Handbrake Shoes - Part number?

Hi all,

Am going to change my rear wheel bearings and thought I might as well change the Handbrake shoes at the same time?

Any ideas what the part number is for the 16v Handbrake shoes? I keep seeing GTE shoes, but they appear to be for the 8v ? (didnt the 8v have rear discs?).

Any info on this would be most appreciated.

Many thanks!

Not sure what the GM part number is for the GTE 16v rear hand brake shoes but there's plenty of branded ones on ebay.
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VAUXHALL-A...item5b0e144e22
    Last edited by Clive; 20-07-2015, 10:53 PM.

Comment

shoe set is 90509606 they are 160mm x 25. mintex part number looks to be MFR147. used on mk3, cav, cali and saab too.

the ones in clives link are actually 8v gte 200x45 rear shoes, incorrectly listed. bit of a shame as listings are usually quite good/accurate on ebay

in my experience the handbrake shoes never wear out as they are only clamping when stationary
      Last edited by DarrenH; 21-07-2015, 11:53 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Addz View Post
        I keep seeing GTE shoes, but they appear to be for the 8v ? (didnt the 8v have rear discs?).

Any info on this would be most appreciated.

Many thanks!
        No but they had just larger drums on their own that work with the foot brake as well. On the 16V the shoes are only for the hand brake as Darren says.

Comment

Originally posted by DarrenH View Post
          shoe set is 90509606 they are 160mm x 25. mintex part number looks to be MFR147. used on mk3, cav, cali and saab too.

the ones in clives link are actually 8v gte 200x45 rear shoes, incorrectly listed. bit of a shame as listings are usually quite good/accurate on ebay

in my experience the handbrake shoes never wear out as they are only clamping when stationary

So you don't think its worth replacing them? I was trying to make the most of having the discs off and renewing other stuff (was tempted to replace the disc, but then saw it can be a ballache changing the ABS ring). Should I not bother?

Comment

Oops sorry Addz. Glad Darren noticed that with the link I posted. Apologies.....
            As Darren says the rear shoes don't really wear out as they are just for the handbrake on the 16v

Comment

Working...
            X