I need new shocks opinions please ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need new shocks opinions please ?

The old girl just failed its mot on a front shock currently running Koni adjustables on eibach springs so I'm in need of some new shocks what should I buy ??

B4's
    B6's
    B8's
    konis again
    Avo
    needs to be fairly firm not to fussed about being adjustable
    ??

Cheers guys

Daryl

Re: I need new shocks opinions please ?

defo billys i run b6,s and b8,s i personally find the b6,s abit to soft so i would go for b8,s or higher sorry to hear the old girl failed

Comment

to be fair they were 2nd hand when they went in so I can't complain and it's my fault for not wheeling it over the pit before the test I just seam to drive the car and enjoy it these days.

ill look in to b8's then any preferred supplier ?

Cheers daryl

Comment

Originally posted by astradaryl View Post
        to be fair they were 2nd hand when they went in so I can't complain and it's my fault for not wheeling it over the pit before the test I just seam to drive the car and enjoy it these days.

ill look in to b8's then any preferred supplier ?

Cheers daryl
        i got mine via a local company up my way they had them delivered direct to i can give you their detail if needed

Comment

Get your Koni's refurbed click me. Heard good things about Paul Drake, I'll be sending my Vectra ST200 fronts to him when I've finished the mk3 project.
          Last edited by Harvey; 15-09-2013, 08:14 AM.

Comment

I only use Gazz now as they`re the best quality imo with a good customer service. The adjustables are usually the same price other firms non adjustables. I got all mine for my mk1 from www.motorsportworld.co.uk at a very good price.

Comment

iam a massive fan of b8's there awesome

Comment

Ride B6's, friend just bought B8's and I have to admit I should have bought these! The B6's are indeed softer, but definitely more firm as stock and as B4's. The B8's allow pretty sick riding style, yet are drivable in normal day traffic and passengers aboard.

I've had Koni's, friends still drive them and like them, they are definitely great dampers, but there is something in their characteristic that makes them often a bit unforgivingly firm and hard. B8's seam to be better in control and seam to be better capable of really deadening the movement instead of making the car bounce. And they are designed to work well with the Eibach springs.

Comment

Thanks for the advice guys I'm going to hit the workshop now and strip them down.

Comment

Crickey!
                    I find the B4/Eibach GSi combo pretty firm for daily road use. Maybe a tiny bit firmer than factory.
                    Can't imagine going stiffer, unless strictly for track use.

Comment

That's the Eibachs mate, combine B4's with stock springs and they'll be soft as butter...

If you haven't tried different combinations it is pretty hard to distinguish damping from spring rate. Riding a softer damper with a firm spring may actually give a more hard feel when driven sportively as they'll just bottom sooner due to the lesser travel. To make more out of limited travel you need a stiffer damper. Everything depends on drive style, a firmer damper feels better when driving fast than a softer damper. A softer damper feels better on slower daily traffic driving.
                      Last edited by Vinci; 16-09-2013, 06:09 PM.

Comment

b8's ordered from demon tweeks if they destroy my spine vinci's getting the blame

Comment

I found B6's too soft for my car .. but are B8's genuine stiffer, genuine question?

Thinking of sending my B6s to be altered ...
                          Last edited by BlackBox; 17-09-2013, 05:01 PM.

Comment

Ill let you know how they size up to Koni adjustables (on full firm) in a couple of days

Comment

Originally posted by astradaryl View Post
                              b8's ordered from demon tweeks if they destroy my spine vinci's getting the blame
                              Glad I am across the pond!

No seriously, you should give them a little while to break in, fresh from the box they are usually a bit stiff...

Comment

Working...
                              X