Challenge Spec Rear Billies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Challenge Spec Rear Billies

Just bought challenge spec (gravel) rear bilstein dampers for my Mk2 Astra GTE. Instead of the rubber bush at the bottom of the damper they have solid rose joints, I’ve been led to believe that they need ‘top hat’ stype spacers to fit to the standard mounting points on the rear beam. The width of the r/j is much smaller and the hole though it is much larger than the standard mounting bolt. I’ve spoken to someone who has similar spacers from hockleys fitted to his Nova rally car, anyone had experience of this on an Astra and/or know whether the Nova spacers might be the same fitting ??? ta

Re: Challenge Spec Rear Billies

the man to speak to is rob @ rsc he will prob know and if he dont will usualy find out for you

Comment

yeah i used to be able to get hold of these, but all stocks are now gone and they havent made them for a while!!
      bilstein wont know tbh, but the new ones came with a plate...now what size that plate was i dont know, but it will be easy enough to get a pair made up to the car

Comment

The rear Leda's i have, have something that sounds very similar.. maybe worth checking with them?
        So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish

Comment

Cheers guys, yeah I was going to buy them from you Rob until I read another post from you saying the stock wasn’t there anymore. I hunted around and it would appear that Peter Lloyd down in Wales bought the last lot – he sold me a pair for £85 all in !!! to be fair he couldn’t believe it either, I think bilstein sold the last few off to him cheap ….

Got the brackets machined to spec in the end, fit perfectly, now I just have to twist my co-drivers arm hard enough to do the kall kwik rally up in Dalby next month…

Comment

85 quid!!! feck thats alright, the retail on them is 200 quid

Comment

Working...
            X