Fully adjustable bottom arms for the mk2 from www.superfwd.com

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fully adjustable bottom arms for the mk2 from www.superfwd.com

Before anyone asks I do not work for this company, just thought you lot may be interested in what they are selling.

I had an e-mail from Andy at www.superfwd.com today after I dropped an enquiry their way after seeing the HHMS adjustable bottom arms the other month. Andy has now fabricated a rather nice set of arms if anyone is interested in purchasing. This is part of the e-mail I received.

The arms use a standard bottom ball joint. These can also be made with a spherical bearing which allows the pin to be made longer so the arms can be pushed down if the car is so low that the wishbone is pointing up in racing trim. These will be more expensive as there is more machining work.

www.superfwd.com can also make uniballs for the mk2 either straight of offset which will be the same as the mk3 items here but obviously specific for the mk2 ball joint mounting.

Pictures of the actual arms that www.superfwd.com can now supply. They are roughly £500 for a pair without ball joint, but I'm sure with cash this can be 'adjusted' accordingly.

Last edited by Harvey; 02-12-2012, 08:39 PM.

Re: Fully adjustable bottom arms for the mk2 from www.superfwd.com

Very nice Harvey will these be on your car soon?

Chris

Comment

Originally posted by 1800turbogte View Post
      Very nice Harvey will these be on your car soon?
      I would love them but not at the moment as unfortunately I'm saving my pennies.

Comment

They look ok, but it's a lot of money for somthing you can make yourself for not a lot. If you go down the route I'm going down at the moment with a 2 piece strut as well (like the mk3 works/kitcar type) then you can adjust camber independant of changing the track width and most importantly adjust the SAI and keep the camber the same.
        Returned GTE to default settings : On axle stands

Comment

nice looking bit of kit that !

do you know how the front pivot fixes to the chassis ? is it a straight swap with standard bolt, or are there spacers ?

Comment

Originally posted by BenH View Post
            They look ok, but it's a lot of money for somthing you can make yourself for not a lot. If you go down the route I'm going down at the moment with a 2 piece strut as well (like the mk3 works/kitcar type) then you can adjust camber independant of changing the track width and most importantly adjust the SAI and keep the camber the same.
            Do you have a photo of what you mean?

Comment

Originally posted by DarrenH View Post
              nice looking bit of kit that !
              Really? Not wanting to argue but am I the only one that thinks the welding looks shonky, fair play if they are homemade but a pro made bit of kit should be much better than that!

The Hockly arms are much better laid out as well, I'm honestly not that impressed with any of the fab work on that superfwd site and it aint cheap enough to forgive those short comings imho.

Originally posted by Roger View Post
              Do you have a photo of what you mean?
              In a couple of months I will lol, but for now have a look at the Hockly site Mk3 astra works front suspention.

Comment

"nice looking bit of kit" is a fairly cheerful and indifferent comment from the information given. i dont know anything about the guy or his welding skills. i'm pleased that companies are investing a bit in our direction, weve gone from nothing to two companies in the space of a few months which is encouraging

Comment

thanks ben...

I see the steering part, but where is the part where your shaft and bearing is going in? (don't know the english name for it)

Comment

The hub? Yeah they are on there somwhere, a rather nice alloy one. Mine wont be that fancy, just some hubs of another vauxhall and adapted hockly nova inverted bilstein coil over struts.

Comment

They just don't look...i don't know substantial enough imha.

Comment

no not the hub. the bottompart of the standard strut. wich is normally cast iron. Tjeeeezz.. can't come up with the name.....

Comment

is it stub axle?

Comment

Hub carrier

Comment

ah oke.... thanks.

Comment

Working...
                              X