Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parts needed

Hi

Had a rollover in my astra mk2 autograss car yesterday three or 4 times loads of damage to the bodywork panels etc

Any ideas where the best place is to buy

wings
    bonnet
    radiator
    ball joint
    might even have to be a re-shell too sore today to start taking it apart to double check

Re: Parts needed

Doh! really sorry to hear that, I trust you are just knocked about with no serious damage to yourself?

As for parts it can get expensive if you are talking new parts but if you put something in the WANTED section then there may be someone with some parts. .... I assume its only used for AutoX so they don't have to be immaculate?

if so shame as one of the guys had a damaged new bonnet that was needing a cheap home ..... as for the wings they can be bought for a little under £70 new but I'd think fair condition repairable ones would be an option for your job ?

Anyway this will bump your posting as even I missed it and only just found it in the miss'd threads list

Hope you are not so sore very soon (not to be too morbid but I think we need to see the car ..... @picture@ maybe? )

Laurie.
    My vehicles:
    1985 Astra GTE 1.8 8v, 2002 Omega Est, 1978 MGB GT, 1973 Honda CB500 K2, 1993 Honda Sevenfifty, 2005 Suzuki Grand Vitata .......

Comment

Aftermarket wings don't need to cost more than 30 quid each, balljoint maybe 15-20 quid. What radiator do you need?

Bonnet probably best bought second hand near by...

Comment

Ive seen wings on ebay about fourty quid but they are miles away from me
        Bonnet just standard i will deskin it to save weight and cut the bonnet pin holes

Rad for a 1.6

I will post pics soon and yes im just sore very sore lol .

Mark

Comment

Radiator for a 2ltr redtop , i think it was a normal mk2 rad

where do i buy the wings

Comment

where can i buy wings apart from ebay

Comment

I can order wings at a local car parts shop for the price described above...

Rad for a 16V is very different as it is higher and narrower, which won't fit in any other chassis than a GTE 16V. All other chassis/rads for 8V engines are alike, but some rads will be a bit beefier for larger engines. An aftermarket rad will not cost more than 40, but will probably be crap quality in terms of mechanical strength.

Comment

But im in the uk and i assume your in amsterdam

Comment

ive got a drivers side front wing in primer for 20 quid if your interested mate. its not brilliant but no rust. im only in ashford too mate

Comment

Indeed, sorry. If it helps I do have a front wing here, not original, but new. You can have it for a tenner ex. shipping...

With the other thing above I meant to say that it just seemed to me that parts shops in the UK might also be able to deliver the goods for relatively little money. Ebay is often much more expensive. I have just bought a cooler closing thermo switch for the rad in a local shop for €7,50, which I haven't found cheaper on Ebay than €14,00... That's almost double! (exact same brand item too!)

Comment

Working...
                    X