hill climb

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hill climb

hello ppl i want to start doing some thing with my astra any have thought maye some hill climb but dont know anything about it what can ppl tell me specs of cars needed umm money to enter is it posible for me as with my job i will never be able to atend a whole season all imput would be good
    thanks rob

you will have a decent enough spec, tho i very much doubt they will all pat you on the back for having nos...
    the good thing is you dont have to run a full season, its very much as and when you can

ps your sig, 13.89 perhaps and not 15.89?

Comment

There are classes for just about any type of car. Yours would probably end up in the modified production car class which means mandatory roll cage and harness and most of the competition with non-roadgoing cars on slicks. Nos isn't allowed. As a minimum you will need:
      Proban overalls
      Crash helmet (most bike helmets don't have the right safety approvals)
      Competition licence
      Membership of organising motor club
      Timing strut for your car

This lot will cost at least £150. Entry fees are normally £40 - £80 depending on the event.

Comment

Originally posted by Rob@RSC
        you will have a decent enough spec, tho i very much doubt they will all pat you on the back for having nos...
        the good thing is you dont have to run a full season, its very much as and when you can

ps your sig, 13.89 perhaps and not 15.89?
        yea thats kool dont know about the nos at the moment in talks about saving my money and building a more powerfull engine and 15.89 i know but cannot be arsed to change it as steve or allen will just change it back watching you two f****s revenge is sweet

Comment

right i am liking this idea more and more but whats a timing strut and do i stand a chance againest the cars i will be up againest lol
          also if the ppl that know about these events i belive you do stewart could you have a look at my car and see any thing that may be a good idea to add and any suspention setting tips etc will be very handy thanks ppl rob
          Last edited by _SBD16v; 20-10-2004, 10:59 PM.

Comment

timing strut is a small bit of plastic stuck on the front of the car to cut the timing beam at the start
            we do em in carbon, batch to be done fairly soon too
            you should really get out and drive then see what you would like to improve on

Comment

You shouldn't need to do anything specific other than making sure the car will get through scrutineering so read the MSA blue book that comes with your license thoroughly- this has all the technical/safety requirements.
              To be realistic your'e going to struggle against the fastest cars but don't let that put you off as there is usually quite a wide variety of cars and driver abilities.
              If you can get into one of the roadgoing classes the competition generally won't be quite as stiff but doeas mean you need to have all seats and interior trim fitted and tyre types/sizes are quite restricted.

Comment

stewart if you have a look in show use yours there are some pics of mine and the seats etc will never go back in you know alot about this subject do you race yourself if so what and anychances of some spec and pics maybe in show use yours

Comment

Working...
                X