Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rollcages

well i would like some cage gen
    we all know SD and i have seen (and have) the cages they do, but i would like some alternatives (i always do this as stock is never 100% in this business) and would like some feedback on the companies you have used or know of
    steve, you had a rollcentre cage yeah? is that an off the shelf thing or was it made to the car?
    we will be going for the all important msa approval next year once we have the kit, but until then theres a bit of a gap to be filled for suppliers
    cheers

The current one is a off the shelf rollcentre weldin one. However they are supplied unprofiled.. and its a bitch to fit.
    So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish

Comment

they are all a little 'interesting' to fit in my experience

Comment

mine is rollcenter to surposed to be 6 point bolt on but there no way you could bolt it to the floor it needs platforms made up at the front to meet the cage

Comment

Originally posted by Rob@RSC
          well i would like some cage gen
          we all know SD and i have seen (and have) the cages they do, but i would like some alternatives (i always do this as stock is never 100% in this business) and would like some feedback on the companies you have used or know of
          steve, you had a rollcentre cage yeah? is that an off the shelf thing or was it made to the car?
          we will be going for the all important msa approval next year once we have the kit, but until then theres a bit of a gap to be filled for suppliers
          cheers
          I have installed a number of cages by CUSTOM CAGES. None of them were in Astras, but they are supplied profiled and fit very nicely.

Comment

cant find em, you got website?

Comment

Try www.customcages.co.uk

Comment

bound to be the obvious..LOL cheers

Comment

Ive also seen several nice custom cages jobs, and they can supply cut or profiles ends as required.

Steve

Comment

I have a SD one in my nova,
                    I have fitted a few other brands, but tbh the quality/fitment of the SD one means i would never go anywhere else.

Simon

Comment

Stt's also got my SD cage in his garage!

Comment

Rob, can you get hold of 'Hole'd plate' for stitching the cage into the A and B pillars?

It's about 2mm plate with pressed holes in it - the holes have a slighlty beveled edge to give it strength
                        [img]http://www.jprova.co.jp/english/race/making/making05*.jpg[/img]

Need it failrly soon as brett wants his cage fitted yesterday, lol!

Comment

You can buy them from www.prepfab.co.uk - they will sell you a universal set or make them to a template.
                          So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish

Comment

Cheers!

Comment

I know someone who can make these plates if you know what you want, though the steel they are made from is much thinner than you suggest above, only about 0.8mm usually which is plenty strong enough.

Steve

Comment

Working...
                              X