Help with rally bits..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with rally bits..

As I live about as far as I can from the land of mk2's.. info is hard to get.

I want to build my own setup .. as I did with my fronts.. this is mainly so I can quickly spin out a new pair if my navigator gets a call wrong (got to blame someone.. never a drivers fault)

My short list of things:

- Rear Coil-over suspension.

I found the one and only pic Allan posted.. I was wondering if anone else has pics or information on setup.

- Secondary Rear Sway bar.

And possibly adjustable setup info and/or pics.

- Pedal Box.

Drawings, pics to bolt up on engine bay side of firewall

- Adjustable Front Control Arms.

As in pic below from homologation papers A-5242

Any info or email address of anyone that may be able to help with.. That would be great.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by ant; 23-07-2005, 01:47 PM.

Re: Help with rally bits..

Rear coil-overs.
    Avo do double adjustable coil-over shocks for general applications.We are using them on the rear of our car. Can be ordered with loop or pin for top mounting point.If you choose loop for the top, you will have to modify the shock turret accordingly. We use 2.5 inch diameter springs, and they come mighty close to the inside of the shock turret.We chopped this out and re-formed it with a section of larger diameter pipe to improve the clearance.

Control arms.
    We built our own rose-jointed arms which do allow adjustment by chopping off the standard rubber mount bit from the standard TCA and welding on a sleeve that carries the rose-joint. We still use the standard outer ball joint, but this can easily be rose-jointed by the same means.

Hope this helps.

Comment

Kickastra,

I thought you would have to modify the top of the turret to fit the spring dia in. thanks for clarifying that.

would you have any pics for your Control arm modification or could you point me to someone that has documented this modification..

I have looked but not found anything (other than the one photo posted by steve heley of the bolts through in to the cabin on the rear mount).. which supprised me as I thought most people would want to setup more castor and camber on there cars.
      Last edited by ant; 27-07-2005, 11:21 PM.

Comment

The TCA modification is entirely my own invention.It started in an effort to get rid of the inherent movement in the standard rubber mounts.Interestingly, when the TCA is removed from the car, and you look along the axis of rotation of the front (forward) mount, it does not line up with (is not in the same plane as)the rear one, meaning that in order for the arm to pivot up and down, it must move through two planes simultaneously,which therefore means one or both of the bushes have to deflect to allow this to happen.

If I am wrong in this, someone please jump in and correct me.

Rose-joints allow this simultaneous pivoting without sloppy movement.

I can take a few pictures of them for you. Give me a day or two to borrow a digicam.Taking what I have done a step further would give you fully adjustable on-car capability.

Comment

kickastra,

Looking forward to seeing pics.. cheers

Comment

Working...
          X