Oil cooler and remote filter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oil cooler and remote filter

On my 8v motor I setup a mocol remote oil filter to make it easier to change the filter... especialy as I will fit a sump guard at some point.

The C20XE motor has a oil cooler but is designed to have the oil filter screwd into the standatd position.

I also noticed the C20XE take off block has an extra spring and valve. What is this for?

So what is the best thing to do? Use the original XE take off block or use the Mocol block?

Has anyone got any experience with oil cooler/remote setups?

With the way it is setup I would have to use either the XE one and buy a cap to seal off the oil block where the filter wold screw on and plumb the remote filter and cooler in-line. Or use the Mocol one and do the same?

Re: Oil cooler and remote filter

Dont have any experience with a remote setup, but the spring and valve inside the XE take off is the thermostatic valve that controls the flow of oil to the cooler.

Comment

Take a look at www.thinkauto.co.uk as they have all the answers you need in their catalogue

Cheers

Harvey

Comment

Originally posted by harvey View Post
        Take a look at www.thinkauto.co.uk as they have all the answers you need in their catalogue

Cheers

Harvey
        Great information in there catalogue... thanks Harvey

Comment

They are very helpful when you speak to them on the phone as well.

Comment

Working...
          X