Astra Mk2 Gravel Springs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Astra Mk2 Gravel Springs

Anyone got a set of Astra Mk2 (GTE) gravel spec. rear springs for sale or know of a contact / manufacturer. Note - Mk2 barrel type required for rear beam setup not coilover, looking for something around the 100lb - 135lb rating or progressive. May be interested in set of front if standard fitting also.

Thanks

AAaahhh.. i believe i have a pair of either gravel or tarmac spec rear springs.. Your more than welcome to them..

Just not sure what they are.
    So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish

Comment

We find good results from using std. 16V springs on the rear and 200lb springs on the front. We have LEDA coil overs and use 2-1/2" springs, but you can get a kit from Demon Tweeks that converts the standard shocks to use 2-1/2" springs with height adjustment. You will probably need 8" long springs for the front.

If you really want a different rate spring, LEDA will custom make a barrel spring of any rate for around 60-70 pounds.

Hope this helps.

Comment

Originally posted by jonlint
        If you really want a different rate spring, LEDA will custom make a barrel spring of any rate for around 60-70 pounds.

Hope this helps.
        That's very handy to know, cheers
        "The more you turn the wick up the faster it goes" - John Welch

Yellow ones speek swedish...

Comment

Originally posted by jonlint
          We find good results from using std. 16V springs on the rear
          Thanks - I think i'll give this a try, sounds like a piece of valuable advise that will save me a lot of hassle/money.... got super progressive gravel springs on the front, matched up to standard platform struts unfortunately but they seem to do the job, will see what they're like mated to the 16v springs on the back.

Comment

Re: Astra Mk2 Gravel Springs

try coil spring ltd sheffield £80 pair to wks spec 14day delivery, just tell them what dampers your using they'll do the rest, got set on our tar car totally transformed the handleing.

Comment

echo the advice about the std rear springs, work fine for me in the forests.

Comment

can any one let me know what front inserts and rear dampers they use with this set cos my budget wont stretch to coil overs

Comment

bilstein astra challenge spec dampers on the front and rear...or as im currently using...koni adjustable dampers on the back seem to work fine
                  Got mine for £40 on ebay!

Comment

How do gravel springs differ from the origina 16V springs. Does the car ride higher?
                    Whats the poundage of the original springs (I read the 200Ib for the gravels)?

Comment

Working...
                    X