• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Astra suspension/oversteer tendancy

FK?
    I dont know them.
    They maybe not sell in greece REMUS.

There is another problem.Here in greece we can not find someone who can makes good adjustments,and if I try to make them myself,it may be a disaster.
    But I can hear any of your suggestions,and learn from them.

Comment

They shouldnt cost to much to import hunter, if you want to make any adjustments to your car then ask for advice here and we will help you as best we can!

Comment

avoid

Comment

it was the only manufacturer that I could think of at that time which made coil overs for a gte, I suppose in retrospect Leda or somthing like that would of been a better suggestion?

OT: Rob will 5x108 alloys fit on a cali turbo? I know they are 110 pcd but I was hopeing.

Comment

err yes. mention that german tat in the motorsport forum again and i will delete the thread

and yeah probably, standard is 5x110

Comment

*remembers never to say the F word again*

I've seen these nice 18" boss alloys for £260 without tyres but they are 108x5

Comment

our 16v rally car used to oversteer all the time with spax(TOO SOFT BOTTOM ALL THE TIME)rear springs, and shox, ta's on the front, weve now put billies all round with a set of tarmac front and rear spring from coils springs ltd, also the extra rear bar and the rear beam tacked every now and then on the open bitof the bem seams. Trouble is driver prefers it the way it was, how do we make it a bit more oversteery again, oh yaeh we put a plate slipper in in place of the quaiffe which didnt seem to do a lot.

Comment

The oversteery nature is the key to getting the car round corners anyway. My stripped out GTE was immense fun once you learnt to live with the back end sliding around all of the time.

To make it more oversteery again you essentially need to stiffen up the rear more or soften the front.

Comment

I've got a Cavalier V6 rear beam on my GTE.

as said above it's 20mm wider, and bolts straight on.

Brake hoses and handbrake need some adaption though.

Mine doesn't understeer at all, even under heavy lift off.

My V6 Cav however does get it's @rse in a twist with heavy lift off.

The wife's Estate suffered oversteer for a while, but that was down to cheap tyres on the rear.

Comment

Working...
                    X