cam pulley modification

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cam pulley modification

im planning on swapping the head on my engine, but the one going on is 2-3 mm shorter in depth than the original, which will cause the leading edge of the cambelt to be slack when the timing marks are aligned. i was thinking i could elongate the locating pin slot, so that the pulley can be rotated counter-clockwise 2-3mm, to take up that slack and keep everything ' in-time '

with a bit of loctite on the bolt, will the pulley stay put once its bolted in place, or is there a chance it will slip under load, and kick the belt off ?

is the distance between the cam centre line and the block mating face reallly 2 or 3mm less ?

Comment

yeah. the heads shorter, which drops the cam box down. i dont have a vernier caliper to measure exactly, but with a tap measure its closer to 3 than 2.

i was thinking, if i drill the pulley hole on the left side, and rotate it clockwise, rather than anti-clockwise, the clockwise rotation of the engine, should load onto the pin, instead of it floating, IF my maths is right

Comment

Working...
      X