Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RallyMarshal View Post
    http://www.compbrake.com/product/2-1...sion-kit-each/

But I think the threaded tubes are alloy not steel so might need some kind of retainer ring making... usually Id just weld the bottom and top to the strut casing..

Paul..
    im sure ive see some steel tubed one somewhere,if not a retainer is no biggy.

Comment

ive got a set of KW coilovers off my mk4 astra ready to mod, anyone got any idea of the spring strength i need to order to suit the mk2?

Comment

road, track, how stiff do you want it..?

are you doing the rears too or just the front?

Paul..
        My rallying with mk2 adventures... http://www.astra-mk2.com/forum/forum...ing-adventures

Comment

For road use, the car is lowered about 40mm but its not sitting level so it stiffer than standard. backs will be done at a later date but they will get turreted.So just the fronts for now.

Comment

Got the mk2 and mk4 struts next to each other, lined up the bottom of the shock housings.

The mk4 Have more travel on the shocks.

With the mk2 top on the mk4 its about 10mm higher

Got to make a little space for the top of the mk4 shock and then the top is sorted.Just got to sore out the bottom then.

Comment

Made a boss to go in to the end off the bearing housing.

Jig the front legs up.

Then pressed out the legs from the hub carrier. It took 12 tons of force to get them out.

Comment

Where did you get to with this mate? I’m thinking of doing the same mod for my race car

Comment

Working...
                X