No announcement yet.

Astra gte pulls left

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I still think its the bulkhead split (again), steering rack loose on the mounts or engine mounts gone..

if you sit stationary with the car in neutral and rev it, foot off, rev it, foot off etc, does the gearstick move forwards and backwards? If so, how much?

Paul..
    My rallying with mk2 adventures... http://www.astra-mk2.com/forum/forum...ing-adventures

Comment

Hi guys iv found the problem it the chasis where the lower arm bolts to on the passanger side if u grab the passanger wheel and pull on it it al moves out also split on the chasis leg too but its booked in first thing in the morning my mates body shop to be sorted and strenghened i know its not the bulkhead as when i had engine out its was all seam welded and strenghened and when i converted to manuel rack my rack mounts where strenghened aswell cheers

Comment

Almost certainly the scuttle area drain (where it directs water behind the pass wing) is leaking water into the cabin behind the carpet and trim and has rotted the floor from the inside. My 1.3 did this twice before I sussed out what was going on.

Comment

Hey dan na i dont get water inside as iv stripped all the carpets out so deffo no water there i think its where everythink else has been strenghened and that bit wasnt done it jus went weak i think goin to get it sorted at half 8 i cant wait lol

Comment

Ah ok. It's a very common mk2... I don't want to say "fault" as it takes 20+ years for the seam sealer to dry out and shrink allowing water in. Trait maybe is a better term.

Comment

i think the key point here from rallymarshall and astra dan (both are linked) is that the rear wishbone mount (i.e the pressing to which it bolts) very rarely gets attacked by rust from the road side and falls off, in all the cases i've seen its been the cavity between the floor pan (where your heels touch when driving) and the lower bulkhead. laurie has some excellent (very scary) pictures in his track day car thread. great for anatomy classes in that area anyway

Comment

scratch that, do you mean the front bit i.e above where the pivot bolt goes through ?

Comment

Yea its getting done now yea the bit wherethe pivot bolt goes through has all ripped of but im here now and its getting there thank god

Comment

Working...
                  X