Which gearbox would fit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which gearbox would fit?

Hi i'm after a gearbox for my astramax van its a 1.7d engine they originally came will a f16 or f13 which other vauxhalls has this gearbox? were they fitted to? I was told an f10 would fit 5 speed and its totally different. Would an f16 from a petrol engine work or would it be totally wrong with the ratios etc. Need some help with this as this is issue is keeping this van off the road.

what is the size is the flywheel / clutch on the 1700 engine and how many splines does the clutch plate take? Im guessing its 200mm and 14 teeth?

The f10 was originally fitted to the 1300s with a 190mm clutch. The f13 was fitted to later cars and can take a 200mm clutch and the f16 was fitted to the 1.8GTE with a 216mm clutch.

Ratios maybe wrong for the car but lets get fitment right first. Couple of useful references from the cars..

Also check how many splines the inner CVs on your shafts have into the box. The f10/f13 use one type (smallblock) and the f16/f20 use another type - bigblock

Paul..
    My rallying with mk2 adventures... http://www.astra-mk2.com/forum/forum...ing-adventures

Comment

Hi paul thanks for the reply the clutch plate is 200mm and its the small block driveshafts so 14 teeth on the spline.

Comment

Then the bellhousing on the F10 is too small. Any F13 (astra mk2 / mk3 / corsa) or F15 (from astra mk3 / corsa) should fit unless the diesel engine uses a different bolt pattern.

You want the WR boxes not the CR boxes if your in a diesel.

I might know of one or 2 if you cant get sorted. I dont have any as sold all of mine earlier this year!

Paul..
        My rallying with mk2 adventures... http://www.astra-mk2.com/forum/forum...ing-adventures

Comment

That's right the bell housing is too small on the f10.
          Ok that's great that gives me more options thanks again paul.

Comment

I may be able to help you out blackgte, I have recently bought an F13cr for my MK2 Astra.
            It has no problems or anything I just wanted a close ratio box to give it a bit more acceleration as it's only the 1.6 8v.
            I'm off work thursday/friday/saturday so weather permitting I'll be swapping the box over, so will have the F13wr box that's on it now spare, I'm in Grantham, Lincolnshire if it's any help.

Comment

Hi thats sounds perfect, would be really interested in buying the gearbox. Let me know.

Comment

If it will help you out mate you can have it for free, I'll have no use for it. I'll message you the weekend to sort it out with you as I'll have it swapped out by then.

Comment

Hi mate pm sent.

Comment

Working...
                  X