Non start

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Non start

It's that time again when I need your help, tried starting the gte at weekend it cranks but doesn't start,so back to basics and found no fuel at the plugs, does the pump prime when the ignition is on?as I can't hear it work,put a direct feed to the pump and it works,but doesn't sound very powerful to me, also no pressure at the fuel rail,had a look on eBay but not sure which one to get if any, going to have another go at the weekend again,but any suggestions in the meantime will be appreciated

Fuel Pump relay could be getting faulty,try tapping it with a scewdriver.

Comment

Will try that,did put another relay on it threw the eml light up but still cranking, it is the first try in 2 half yrs, thought the pump as its not sounding right to me seems slow

Comment

If I remember the pump runs when the engine is turning over, but not when its not .......

Usually the wire direct from supply (tail light) to pump will rule out relay......

Be sure the pipe from tank to pump is not collapsed as they can do as they take a 80% bend just out of the tank, my pipe was new in 2012 and its gone soft and started leaking this week (replacement on its way ) .

A trick: Try a sniff of carb cleaner squirted into the intake as you spin it over it should start on that vapour (its how I start any reluctant 4 stroke), that will rule out electrics (as in Ign).

Good luck

L.

Comment

did you run the pump the right way ? (polarity)

if its not pressurising the fuel rail then its not pumping, simple as that. the pump is gravity fed and it will run really really quick if its dry because (believe it or not) the stator and armature are immersed in petrol!

also worth checking the fuel rail end are plumbed in right, i know they are different sizes on the rail, but where the rubber hose is a push fit down below the steering rack. return on the drivers side below the regulator) feed on the passenger side

Comment

All new fuel pipes,I think the fuel rail end is plumbed correct as I posted before asking which way round they went, I'm going to try again at the weekend if it still won't start then it's another fuel pump, it was running before I stripped it down,but that was with another fuel pump.

Comment

Working...
            X