coscast head(c20let)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: coscast head(c20let)

sorry to jump in but iirc by fitting the xe inlet cam you can get upto 20bhp gain with the use of a verina pulley just my 2p worth

Comment

Originally posted by richie00boy View Post
      Keep the valves from the Coscast in the Coscast as they are different to later ones. Just leave the Coscast all built up and change the exhaust cam for the LET one and fit a vernier on the inlet cam.
      i thought the valves were all the same, and the guides were different?
      someone please correct me if im wrong!

Comment

The later head had different valve guides i think.

Comment

the coscast valve guides are made out of different metal, but from memory the guides are bigger on the coscast heads

Comment

They are, 13mm iirc compared to the gm heads 11mm

Comment

I think that the Coscast valves were made of better material/higher sodium content. Whatever, it's best to keep the valves with the head anyway as they will all be worn together.
              Last edited by richie00boy; 12-01-2009, 09:06 AM.

Comment

Hi,just fitted a new radiator temp switch and noticed coscast stamped on the engine so i now know for sure.
                I was surprised and pleased to see it,with it being a later Let engine(Registered 31.10.95).
                Attached Files

Comment

just for info as this has been bumped

All the valves let and xe are the same 2 piece sodium filled, all gm heads have a 11mm valve guide,the coscast head came with a 13mm guide in the early coscast heads and a 11mm in the late ones.

ALL guides in the standard heads are cast valves there is a myth that coscast heads came with bronze guides and it is just that a myth.

Comment

If you remove the oil filler and look in with a torch you can read the date stamp on the cam cap,this is how I identify the age/year of manufacture rather than when the car it came from`s first registered in date

Comment

Originally posted by a16vom View Post
                      If you remove the oil filler and look in with a torch you can read the date stamp on the cam cap,this is how I identify the age/year of manufacture rather than when the car it came from`s first registered in date
                      neat touch, you learn something new everyday

Comment

Signing in on this topic as there is some good info here...

Comment

Working...
                        X