• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• khaos
    replied
    Re: useless mk2 astra and engine trivia thread

Originally posted by pliktrologos View Post
    I have a greek Opel Kadett GT with the 16SH engine and I did found some specs on the internet:
    1598cc
    weight: 120kg
    66 kW (90 HP)/ 5800
    126 Nm / 3800 - 4200
    gearbox: F16/4, F16WR/CR
    Varajet2, super 98
    I know the stock specs. I want to see the specs from a race spec 16SH.

Leave a comment:

• pliktrologos
    replied

Originally posted by astramad View Post
    the 16sh am i right in thinking its the big block? cos then they started using the 16sv which is a small block
    Yes the 16SH is the big block using gearbox F16 and then 16SV is small block with lower torque/power.

Leave a comment:

• astramad
    replied

the 16sh am i right in thinking its the big block? cos then they started using the 16sv which is a small block

Leave a comment:

• pliktrologos
    replied

Originally posted by khaos View Post
    was the 16sh ever used in any competition? i have one and i would like to see the specs.
    I have a greek Opel Kadett GT with the 16SH engine and I did found some specs on the internet:
    1598cc
    weight: 120kg
    66 kW (90 HP)/ 5800
    126 Nm / 3800 - 4200
    gearbox: F16/4, F16WR/CR
    Varajet2, super 98

Leave a comment:

• gte_beast
    replied

great read keep em coming

Leave a comment:

• khaos
    replied

was the 16sh ever used in any competition? i have one and i would like to see the specs.

Leave a comment:

• astramad
    replied

i have prob the oldest haynes manual for the mk2 astra as it dosent have the valver init at all it just say's vauxhall are about to launch a new model to the range and it covers upto the 1.8 gte

Leave a comment:

• Mr-G
    replied

There are 2 shades of Glacier white

Leave a comment:

• aussie astraGTE
    replied

just so everone knows nexia roof lining fits straight in mk2 and they are strong type made from compressed fiberglass like house insulation will not fit sunroof model , also the rear seat from nexia with head rests seat is 2 piece instead of 4 like split fold ,seat fits better than original just remove black brakets from each side and seat belt bolt from middle to remove middle hinge for split fold hinge on nexia is floating up and down so no need to lift lower seat section to put seat flat

Leave a comment:

• astramad
    replied

Originally posted by exclusivemark View Post
    Good point there not 100% sure on whether any had a sunroof or not - does anybody know when the sunroof option was available on the lesser models
    my 85 C reg had one but i think it was after market it was of the 80's type lift up to open one, ive had and seen loads of F reg ones with a sunroof

Leave a comment:

• exclusivemark
    replied

Good point there not 100% sure on whether any had a sunroof or not - does anybody know when the sunroof option was available on the lesser models

Leave a comment:

• richie00boy
    replied

Originally posted by exclusivemark View Post
    Pre facelift Astras have a harder roof lining with a brushed cotton effect texture where as the later ones have a soft sponge lining which has a nasty habit of falling down
    Wouldn't all these earlier types have been sunroof-less? Just thinking if it's worth trying to hunt down an early lining for mine.

Leave a comment:

• astramad
    replied

on the bertone cabby on the A piller up the top by the screen are 2 plastic screws each side, and there are 2 metal screws on the top of the roll bar this is for a vauxhall roof rack

Leave a comment:

• aussie astraGTE
    replied

You can get plastic inserts & headrests from cielo or use the whole rear seat

Leave a comment:

• kev16v
    replied

the champion was also known as the london edition because it was only sold by london dearers

Leave a comment:

Working...
X