This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Welcome.

Welcome to Astra-mk2's newest feature, the in car entertainment section. Please use this area to discuss anything related to the entertainment section in your car .

Feel free to ask any questions as i am always here to help

Re: Welcome.

lol wots the best way to put a sub in the boot of a cab, so it works? im not going to but when i had my saloon 306 with a sub in the boot it didnt sound good at all but when i fitted it in my hatch it sounded perfect (i didnt adjust anything)

Comment

Originally posted by Mr-G View Post
      Welcome to Astra-mk2's newest feature, the in car entertainment section. Please use this area to discuss anything related to the entertainment section in your car .

Feel free to ask any questions as i am always here to help
      I was thinking about having a pole fitted for the wife to dance round, do I need to swap the headlining for mirrors?

Comment

Originally posted by Tony K View Post
        I was thinking about having a pole fitted for the wife to dance round, do I need to swap the headlining for mirrors?
        lmfao........

Comment

Originally posted by astramad View Post
          lol wots the best way to put a sub in the boot of a cab, so it works? im not going to but when i had my saloon 306 with a sub in the boot it didnt sound good at all but when i fitted it in my hatch it sounded perfect (i didnt adjust anything)
          That's because a hatch just has a thin parcel shelf between the cabin and boot, compared to a saloon which is much more isolated.

Comment

Cabs are always a problem as the boot area is usually sealed off by a steel bulkhead, The simple solution is to use a much more powerful amplifier and sub combination to allow the sound to carry through to the rest of the car.

The old way to do it was to cut holes in the bulkhead but i would advise against this as it cuases chassis strength issues with the cab

Comment

Originally posted by richie00boy View Post
              That's because a hatch just has a thin parcel shelf between the cabin and boot, compared to a saloon which is much more isolated.
              im totally aware of that i think i worded the question wrong wot i meant to put was how do you get round it

Comment

Originally posted by Mr-G View Post
                Cabs are always a problem as the boot area is usually sealed off by a steel bulkhead, The simple solution is to use a much more powerful amplifier and sub combination to allow the sound to carry through to the rest of the car.

The old way to do it was to cut holes in the bulkhead but i would advise against this as it cuases chassis strength issues with the cab
                the parcel shelf is steel but the back of the seats there is a gap wot sort of power would it need to be?

Comment

How big is the gap, a very good trick is to build a custom bandpass box where the vented part of the box will be directly over that gap, this will direct the sound into the car, you would need to remove a section of the steel backing from the seat that covers this area also as that would just deflect the sound into the boot.

Another thing to consider is Dynamat, this will greatly reduce roadnoise and help to keep soundwaves inside the car.

Comment

Working...
                  X