Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuse Diagram

Hello guys,

Wondering if anyone can help me with a picture of the fuse diagram and what component they relate to. Trying to resurrect my 16v and it has a number of weird problems I need to get to the bottom of. I don't have a manual or the fuse box cover, and I feel like I'm missing some fuses. I've searched online a bit but so far found nothing......

Click image for larger version

Name:	fuses.jpg
Views:	1127
Size:	72.3 KB
ID:	523813

Comment

Thank you Darren. I see your still on here helping folks. Awesome.

My GTE has been stored for some time now, and it had some electrical issues when I first got it out but fixed now, this info will be useful for others though.
      Initially i thought I had a fuse issue or mice had eaten the wiring, because they have eaten one of the seats!

Fuel pump never primed (relay - not a big surprise)
      The dash never worked with the lights on (dimmer switch)
      The wipers didn't work, no idea how I fixed them, but I poked around at fuses and earths, possibly it was partially seized and freed off.
      The fan blower motor doesn't run, it's trying, so I'd say it's seized, they are relatively easy to get to so will have a go at that later.
      Car fired up fine once I hot wired the fuel pump but I didn't do much with it as it's been sat a long time and needs a good service, timing belt last replaced in 2007!

Comment

I had the same problem - I didn't drive my car for more than 6 months at the beginning of this year and I had the following faults that seemed to occur one at a time once I was driving regularly:

Major fuel leak when filled up petrol tank and petrol station.
        Brake light switch intermittent then failed.
        Temperature sender failed.

Currently the Radiator has stopped kicking in and bypassing the thermal switch does not activate it. Will check fuse next.

Comment

From the diagram it shows the Horn and the radiator fan are on the same fuse. The horn still works so I'm taking that to mean the fuse for the radiator fan is ok.

The fan isn't seized as it can turn freely.

Can I apply 12v from the battery to the connector at the back of the fan to see if the fan is still working? (rather than a wiring issue). Do I need to put any resistance in series with the fan?

Comment

I powered directly the fan off the battery and it spins up nicely. I need to check the thermal switch output with a multimeter to verify the resistance at temperature. The fan was working fine a couple of weeks ago.

Comment

I've continued my discussion in a new thread

Comment

Originally posted by H20GTE View Post
                I powered directly the fan off the battery and it spins up nicely. I need to check the thermal switch output with a multimeter to verify the resistance at temperature. The fan was working fine a couple of weeks ago.
                you can just bridge the wires going to the radiator switch and shoulld spin, the switch is full load, theres no relays or any other controls to it

Comment

Working...
                X