Passanger fog light wire has randomly gone

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Passanger fog light wire has randomly gone

Hi guys my passanger fog light on my gte 16v went out i checked and bulbs not pluged in i cant for the life of me find the wire thats disconnected please help cheers

Do you mean the wire running from the car's loom into the foglight assembly or the wire from the bulb itself inside the light? Any chance of a photo?
    My current fleet!
    1989 Astra GTE 16V
    1985 Astra 1600SR
    1991 Astra Mk3 1.4LSi "The Shed"
    1984 Opel Monza 3.0 GSE
    1984 Porsche 944 Lux
    1986 Toyota MR2 Mk1a

Comment

The wire running from loom to bulb mate

Comment

Anyone

Comment

A picture is worth a thousand words, as they say

In the absence of that and assuming standard GTE fogs, I can only guess that one of two things has happened. From memory - and it's years and years since I've changed a front fog bulb of any description, it very rarely is foggy enough to use them - they have an H3 bulb plugged into a standalone spade connector on the end of the loom inside the foglamp unit. So if it's the bulb to loom wire, either it's become disconnected from this spade connector, which may have dropped down inside the foglamp housing. You may be able to find it and fish it out with one finger.

Or, the other option is that the small section of wire which always comes supplied with an H3 has broken off of the back of the bulb. In which case, you need a new bulb...
          Last edited by Pigeonrat; 02-06-2018, 08:51 PM.
          My current fleet!
          1989 Astra GTE 16V
          1985 Astra 1600SR
          1991 Astra Mk3 1.4LSi "The Shed"
          1984 Opel Monza 3.0 GSE
          1984 Porsche 944 Lux
          1986 Toyota MR2 Mk1a

Comment

Cheers its ok now the wire was completly gone from loom so i jus made a whole new 1 cheers

Comment

Working...
            X