Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help Identifying this cable

Hi All,

Can anyone help me identify this cable that is within a plastic sleeve and is about 1 meter long, I think its normally located from the N/S kick panel and under the passenger seat or there about.
    I don?t think it?s for the electric mirror or window switch

Thanks

Click image for larger version

Name:	20180427_185538.jpg
Views:	252
Size:	2.59 MB
ID:	521676Click image for larger version

Name:	20180427_185613.jpg
Views:	259
Size:	2.51 MB
ID:	521673Click image for larger version

Name:	20180427_185603.jpg
Views:	249
Size:	2.70 MB
ID:	521674Click image for larger version

Name:	20180427_185538.jpg
Views:	244
Size:	2.59 MB
ID:	521677
    Attached Files

Its not for the sender unit as thats already in place

Comment

now you mention it, i do remember seeing something similar on the transmission tunnel. one of the electric wing mirror wires maybe (the green button for heat rather than the joystick for movement)

Comment

Strange one
        Last edited by Danny; 27-04-2018, 09:46 PM.

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_20180423-222229.png Views:	1 Size:	1.04 MB ID:	521683 Cant seem to think what else it could be for, looks like all the other wiring is complete inc the one for the heater glass
          Last edited by Danny; 27-04-2018, 09:49 PM.

Comment

That's for central locking.

Comment

Where does it connect? As far as i know that's already in place

Comment

Has anyone got a gte with the carpet out they can look at
                Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by doo child View Post
                  That's for central locking.
                  Ignore my last post i was having a moment lol
                  Last edited by Danny; 28-04-2018, 09:48 PM.

Comment

Im still confused.com not having any luck finding where it plugs in

Comment

I haven't seen a mk2 in over 7 years but it looks like the passengers side central locking actuator plug. It should go through the door into the passenger compartment behind the big electrical connector thing in the kick panel. From there the loom goes back along the floor to the b pillar and across under the seats and centre console to the drivers side.

Comment

Hi,
                        I just had a look at the passenger?s side locking actuator plug and that has 5 wires going into it and is a part of the door loom than goes back to the door plug and can?t find any male plug anywhere within the car that it could connect to, im really confused now, unless it was a unused in the later car i just don?t know, im at the looming up stage now so wanted to get it right, to be honest its not something i remember taking off at the strip down.

Comment

I just want to say again that I haven't see a mk2 in quite some time! As I recall the 5 wire actuator goes on the drivers side and the 2 wire actuator goes on the passengers side. That way when you unlock the passengers door with the key only that door unlocks.
                          I didn't think there were any connectors in the central locking loom but the actuators were run by black/red and black/yellow wires.

Comment

Thanks for all help. On the doors they only have 1 plug that is for everything in the door so it don't live there, just dug out the tailgate loom and bingo it connects into that inside the tailgate, it was 3 years ago when i striped it lol
                            Thanks again for your help
                            Click image for larger version

Name:	20180430_181818.jpg
Views:	240
Size:	2.51 MB
ID:	521749Click image for larger version

Name:	20180430_181833.jpg
Views:	252
Size:	2.09 MB
ID:	521750

Comment

Working...