Headlining glue and paint

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Headlining glue and paint

Can anyone recommend a good adhesive for sticking the headlining cloth back down?
    Also anyone had any luck with spraying or dying the cloth?

Flock it!

Comment

Comment

Well there is an upholstery adhesive that works well I got mine off the internet (somewhere) but the biggest problem is that the old glue and backing to the lining cloth turns to dust and this prevents the glue bonding. If you try to hoover it then you end up chasing your self further and further across the lining.

On my track car I removed the cloth completely and sprayed the board with an off white Upoll under body sealant and it worked out okay but its not something you would do normally but flocking is a step further and a good idea.

L.
        My vehicles:
        1985 Astra GTE 1.8 8v, 2002 Omega Est, 1978 MGB GT, 1973 Honda CB500 K2, 1993 Honda Sevenfifty, 2005 Suzuki Grand Vitata .......

Comment

I used heavy duty fabric spray adhesive from Dunelm mill to re-stick a corner and it's still holding well.

Comment

very high temp upholstery contact adhesive like this... needs to be high temp due to greenhouse effect in summer

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-Trim-F.../162026456245?

Comment

Thanks all. FUnnliy enough i just bought 2 cans of the adhesive you mentioned Darren !

What about painting it ? (cant get the fabric clean). Some people have mentioned standard car spray paint ?

Comment

i think it would take paint ok, as its not really a fabric, kind of weird nylon/plastic

Comment

Working...
                X