Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roof Lining

Afternoon

I have an issue with the roof lining on the GTE.

The skin of the roof lining has separated from the main roof lining, has this happened to anyone else?

What is the best solution?

Re: Roof Lining

yeah its happened to quite a few of us, the glue and scrim foam must be coming of age

popular options seem to be...

1) replace it with second hand
    2) peel the cloth off, clean the wretched gooey remains of the foam off the hardboard, get the hardboard flocked or painted
    3) peel the cloth off, clean the wretched gooey remains of the foam from the hardboard and cloth, buy new scrim foam, glue all 3 sections back together with *high temp* contact adhesive
    Last edited by DarrenH; 30-07-2014, 04:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Astra Dan View Post
      Next up was the roof lining. It'd sagged pretty bad and after failing spectacularly to repair the GTE's one, I had a plan. Luckily the covering peeled clean off:

So I could get it FLOCKED!

That's about 50 scene points and 25 horse power right there.

Comment

I replaced mine with new roof lining material of eBay!
        Make sure when you remove old lining that you thoroughly clean the fibreglass roof lining before Applying your new roof lining.
        Sounds obvious but it must be clinically clean or on a few days it will sag and come undone!

Comment

Be very careful what chemicals you use to clean off the glue. A well known user on here used something which it reacted and melted the main structural bit. This totally knackered a sound headlining.

Comment

Think that depends much on what headlining it is, mine is of a very brittle all plastic and foam type with vinyl glued on, but some are a kind of glass fiber/pressed wood fiber. I think the latter can handle a lot more chemical abuse.

Comment

Working...
            X