wet carpets?????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wet carpets?????

i've just noticed my carpets in the drivers foot well and rear footwell are soaking but dont know where or how water is getting in!

any suggestions of where to start looking?

Re: wet carpets?????

check the water drain for the scuttle panel and the heater matrix first matey.

Comment

Window seals - rear quarter to be specific

Comment

I had that in my Belmont, turned out to be that the waterproof sheet in the door panel wasnt fitted properly, a bit of silicone sealant to reseal it and I havent had the problem again.

Nice simple and inexpensive solution

Comment

as all above and its worth checking the A-pillar door hinge area too as the sealer deteriorates and lets water in.

i cleaned the hinge area up and resealed.

Comment

cheers for the advice folks i'll have a look at the weekend and hopefully get it sorted

Comment

list of things it can be...

blocked sunroof drains

hole in inner wheel arch where the side repeater wires go through to beside the engine ecu

hole in inner wheel arch for old aerial cable near above wire

hole in inner wheel arch unused, both my gtes had unused, unblanked holes in same area of wheel arch. water comes down the sunroof drains straight into the car. or if the wheel arch liners are missing it will also flick up there.

door hinge inners

bulkhead/steering rack mounts/floor pan rusted

scuttle drain blocked, water flooding over the edges of the heater fan

leaking heater matrix (should notice sweet smell in car, and water dissapearing from engine bottle)

rear window seals, sometimes get wet seat belt when its raining

front doors, the front doors are meant to leak down the ends of the glass and out the drains in the bottom of the door. however, water drips off the bottom of the glass down the winder mechanism, down back of the plastic door card liner and into the carpet beside the drivers seat. usually see a little puddle in the grooves in the door seal every time you open the door when its raining
              Last edited by DarrenH; 13-10-2009, 10:54 PM.

Comment

my floor in my van gets wet thats coz i have a hole in the floor

Comment

thanks for the list mate out of all of them i think its the door liner i'm sure i've noticed water along the door rubbers

Comment

Originally posted by mog_man View Post
                    my floor in my van gets wet thats coz i have a hole in the floor
                    its deffo not coming from the floor pan just been on a lift for mot an its rust free under there

Comment

check under your headlining, i finally found my leak, it was the top corner of the windscreen, the seal must be finished.
                      but it was running down the inside of the door seal trim, and onto my carpet, took my hours finding it, i was convinced it was the door seal:\

Comment

Working...
                      X