Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fitting a dash?

hi all,
    going to be replacing my beige dash/interior with the black one. any hints and tips for the dash etc and is it going to be a nightmare?

Re: fitting a dash?

Im doing the same mate, ive just about everything thats attached to the dash off more or less a bare dash board now, ill let u know if i come across any problems

Comment

yeah let me know please, just dont want any rattles after!!

Comment

its a big job but its not a hard one, just take your time and everything comes apart easy if you have a haynes manual that will help abit

Comment

thanks, will get a manual off ebay.

Comment

ive got a spare if your interested?

Comment

its easy to do IMHO, Ive got mine out at the moment.

Theres a bolt under the windscreen, you have to take the passenger side scuttle panel off and theres a 13mm nut to undo. People always miss this one! Theres torx screws, 2 either side, one 10mm bolt behind the digidash, another 10mm bolt by the steering colum and normally they also bolt to the front of the heater matrix.

Undo all these and it should slide forward un hindered, you'll probably have to unclip the loom from it though.

[Haynes]refitting the new one is a reversal of removal[/Haynes]

Comment

Hardest part is the heater vents either end and reconnecting heater control cables IMO. As said just a longish job not that hard if you be logical about it.

Comment

i labelled all the electrical plugs and stuff to avoid the inevitable "riiiight, where does this go?" when putting the new one in.

Comment

be careful removing the scuttle panel too, i've damaged a windscreen before by being too impatient

Comment

ive done 2 on my white one now its not that bad a job

Comment

if i can do it im sure you wont find it a problem

i found it alot easier taking the front seats out to give more room.

Comment

i have done a couple, gte not to much of a problem, just time consuming, i also had to take dash out of my mates mint lotus carlton, was proper careful with that. took me a day to change heater matrix

Comment

Originally posted by BazW View Post
                            be careful removing the scuttle panel too, i've damaged a windscreen before by being too impatient

Can i ask why? i didnt have to remove mine to get to the 13mm bolt on the passengers side if thats what u mean?

Comment

Sorry baz i remember i did have to move it,my mistake

Comment

Working...
                              X