mk4 dash conversions...?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mk4 dash conversions...?

i have a mk4 dash to stick into my mk 2, 1 off cabbie mattig extreme.
    anyone already done this or no how to?

Re: mk4 dash conversions...?

Originally posted by Brad_leigh View Post
    i have a mk4 dash to stick into my mk 2, 1 off cabbie mattig extreme.
    anyone already done this or no how to?
    never seen it done but love to hear how you get on, best o luck

Comment

what he said ^^^^

Comment

There is one on here with this done, not from the UK though. I'd like to do it but I spent long enough fitting the mk3 dash!

Comment

the guy from holland has done it i put a post on his thread to see if he will give advice , its in the project forum looks sweet

Comment

Hi guys ,

I`ll make some pics and upload them of what i`ve made to fit the dasch .
            i`ve welded the new grips to fit it but you can make it whit corner strips or what else to so was it in my old van ( The pics are from the van )
            You have to make the shifting longer about 4 cm and move the handbrake ont the top of your tunnel.

Here some pics and tonight i`ll make some pics of the grips.
            So come whit questions what i can answer it`s easyer to explain things when you`re working on it or even have the idea were i`m talking about.

By the way this was the car pics are 3 years old now.

And here you can see were i`ve putted the handbrake on my current project.
            Tonight some detail pics.

Greets Trabi

Comment

That looks sick!!

Comment

thats the one iv seen, was tempted to fit one into my gte but its got a mk3 dash fitted so im leaveing it in, i think the mk4 dash looks ace, post up pics of how its done, i might end up doing it to another mk2 if i get another one.

Comment

So here are the pics of the inside to mount the dasch the way i`ve made it.

The first one i`ve made it so i can move it so i cab adjust the dasch in te right position against the window.

This one is for the underside of the dasch to mount it.

Those 2 i`ve made to fit the dasch and the console in the middle.
                  I`ve first putted the dasch in and then made the mounts so i can fit the dasch exatley it needs to bend a little bit .

The left 2 are for the middle console to mount than the 2 in the middle
                  are for the handbrake ( I still need to finisch the hole for the kabele of the handbrake ) and the next one is also for the mmiddle console to mount.

And then 1 compleet pictures.

Comment

Excellent post there Trabi - I've got a Mk4 as a daily driver and thought a few times that the dash would suit the mk4.

Ian.
                    See my project car HERE.

Comment

Nice how to guide with decent pics trebi

Comment

what about the heater matrix and pipe work have you not bothered with it...
                        i thought about scrapping it as its a cabbie and i dont plan on driving it in winter.

Comment

Originally posted by Brad_leigh View Post
                          what about the heater matrix and pipe work have you not bothered with it...
                          i thought about scrapping it as its a cabbie and i dont plan on driving it in winter.

Well the current plan is exatly what you`re saying i`m not driving it in the winter But here in holland we`ve got APK i needs a check bevore we can come on the road every year and in that test we need a blower so i`ve fitted somting under the dash we`re i connect the blower to .
                          My original heating isn`t comming back beacause of the plans fot this project but whit this system what i`ve build its possible to use the origanal one.
                          Pics comming up later because i havn`t got my dash now its in germany .

Comment

i have a mk4 astravan in for breaking what bits do i need to take of the mk4 to fit in a mk2 trabantman

Comment

I`ve used every fisseble part of the dash and use the origanal heater of kadett to fix it on and fitted the kables for the heating on the one from the mk4.
                              And i think its usefull to use the origanal mk4 handbrake i`ve fitted the mk2 one but its maybay better to do.
                              And as many as possible from the electric to fit togheter.
                              Thats what i can say so far and i dont know al the englisch names of al parts..

Comment

Working...
                              X