Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hydro dipping side skirts, bumper inserts

Hi,
    The exterior plastics on my gte have been painted in the past and looking shabby.
    instead of repainting them again have been looking at hydro dipping them. Anybody had any success with this method ?
    cheers

Well having just watched a video on dipping I'd wonder why you would want to dip inserts ... as there's far more prep than using plastic paint or dye in my opinion ... unless your are intending to include some film images that is?

I still live by the heat gun process to restore the plastics but if they have been painted I think you have a lot of prep anyway whatever you choose to do

I can see it being a cool way to add some style to a bike tank of side panels but beyond that ????

Be interested to see your results if you do go down that route.

Laurie.
    My vehicles:
    1985 Astra GTE 1.8 8v, 2002 Omega Est, 1978 MGB GT, 1973 Honda CB500 K2, 1993 Honda Sevenfifty, 2005 Suzuki Grand Vitata .......

Comment

Yes have had all my exterior parts carbon dipped and to be honest you would think its the real thing its that good lot of prep work needed on the plastic but def worth it _

Comment

Originally posted by Spankee View Post
        Yes have had all my exterior parts carbon dipped and to be honest you would think its the real thing its that good lot of prep work needed on the plastic but def worth it _
        Pictures please or it didn't happen!!!
        My GTE diary and the mk3 Arctic 3.0 V6 diary.

Comment

Working...
        X