Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fog lights or mesh???

Hi All,

After the respray it's fitting up time, ok one of the first jobs is the front bumper, I can't decide if i should fit the original fogs or mesh and ducting behind back to the brakes
    What do you think??

It's going to be a road legal show and occasional track car.

Going to start a diary soon from the last 3 years of the resto
    Last edited by Gtedan; 25-01-2018, 09:21 PM.

Fogs for me

Comment

Ok thanks mate

Comment

Interesting choice of colour. You certainly won't miss that one going down the street!

I would have said Fogs for me, however the mesh looks pretty good as well!

Comment

Fogs. Although I can count on two hands the number of times I've used them, don't see much fog round here!
          My current fleet!
          1989 Astra GTE 16V
          1985 Astra 1600SR
          1991 Astra Mk3 1.4LSi "The Shed"
          1984 Opel Monza 3.0 GSE
          1984 Porsche 944 Lux

Comment

Originally posted by Monaco Blue View Post
            Interesting choice of colour. You certainly won't miss that one going down the street!

I would have said Fogs for me, however the mesh looks pretty good as well!
            Lol yes that?s for sure i first painted it back in 2003 when i thought the colour was ok then, did a few shows and track days then met the wife now, so sold it to buy my first house and yes i regretted it ever since lol Searched it for over 10 years and found it 3 years ago, got it back ind it looked awful so have spent the last 3 years restoring it and thought as the enging bay and inside was still green id just do the body the same again and to be honest it?s a real nice paint job so happy with it again plus I wanted to do this one a bit different from the rest.
            Still can?t decide on fogs or mesh so will just have to try both.

Comment

Daylight running led maybe?

Comment

After playing with both ideas I decided to go with the mesh because I will need extra cooling for the brakes out on track plus it?s on SORN at the time of when fog is around so will never use the fogs.

Here are a couple of photos of the process, it?s probably a bit like marmite either love or hate it lol and have a look at the deleted towing eye cover
                Attached Files
                Last edited by Gtedan; 12-02-2018, 11:30 PM.

Comment

Working...
                X